Exelixis Inc. Temporary Production Planner in Alameda, California
Temporary Production Planner
Company: Exelixis, Inc.
Job ID: 2722
Functional Area: Pharmaceutical Operations & Supply Chain
Position Type: Full-Time Temporary
Experience Required: Not Indicated
Location: Alameda, CA
Department: Pharmaceutical Operations & Supply Chain
Education Required: Not Indicated
This is a commercial cross functional supply chain role to support two key areas, commercial planning and direct procurement with a focus on, but not limited to the creation of purchase orders from the supply plan, production plan and supply plan creation from market demand, updating production planning schedules, recording inventory movements in SAP, and reconciling inventory quantities from different storage locations. Will require experience in data analytics related to purchasing, logistics, inventory, and production planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Generates plans based on scenarios
• Updates and inputs into the production planning schedules
• Responsible for maintaining the Exelixis Delivery Schedule and distribute to various stakeholders
(internal/external) on a weekly basis
• Attend weekly/monthly product supply meetings with internal stakeholders
• Reviews production plan outputs and assists with creating and confirming Purchase Orders from those plans
• Maintains Master Data Records in SAP
• Reviews batch record information for inventory consumptions and transacts inventory movements in SAP
• Maintains supporting documents for inventory movements
• Reviews invoices for payment and rectifies accounts payable discrepancies relating to inventory or production related purchase orders
• Ability to collaborate effectively across the Commercial Supply Chain team as well as work effectively with Pharmaceutical Operation and QA teams in order to understand and meet timelines of delivery.
• Acts as the liaison with external parties on matters relating to Delivery and Supply activities
There is no supervisory responsibility for this job at this time.
• BS/BA degree in related discipline and 3 years of related experience; or,
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with Production Planning is required
• Experience with direct purchasing and inventory movements is required
• Strong Microsoft Office Skills; especially using Excel is required
• SAP Materials Management experience is a plus
• Expertise in GMP
• Innovative, proactive, resourceful and strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Detail oriented with emphasis on accuracy and completeness.
• Organizes and prioritizes numerous tasks and completes them under time constraints with limited supervision.
• Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
• Uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
• Has complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
• Applies strong analytical and business communication skills.
• Displays ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a fast-paced environment
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.