Central Valley Specialty Hospital Registered Nurse - Acute in Coalinga, California
Join us for our Open House on Friday, September 4, 2020 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.:
Using independent and interdependent judgement, the Registered Nurse (RN) in compliance with the state of California, Title 22 Nursing Service maintains the delivery of quality care by assuring the nursing care plan is followed. In collaboration with the physician, the RN assures implementation of the assessment plan, evaluation, and follows up the plan of care for the patient population.
This position requires a valid temporary or permanent CA State Registered Nurse License. The individual must have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, be dedicated to the provision of quality patient care, and use sound judgement in decision-making. CPR certification required. Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certification required within six months of hire. EKG (Advanced 12 Lead for Medical Professionals) certification required within six months of hire.
Ability to maintain assigned work hours: Requires endurance to perform tasks over long periods of work hours.
The duties and responsibilities are listed below. It is the expectation of the institution that the employee be able to demonstrate competency in each area. It is the duty of the institution to provide orientation and performance evaluation in each area stated.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Initiates an on-going systematic assessment of the physical, emotional, social, educational, and functional needs of the patient/family through interview, observation, and physical examination.
- Interprets assessment data and information to develop a nursing care plan which contains problem identification, nursing diagnosis, nursing orders, approaches, interventions, short/long term goals, and discharge planning.
- Teaches and counsels patients/families, and makes referrals to appropriate resource personnel when needed.
- Participates as a productive member of the interdisciplinary team in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of rehabilitation goals.
- Assures that medical orders are transcribed and processed accurately, and integrates the medical care plan into the provision of nursing care.
- Assures that medication/I.V. administration is correct and according to the established nursing policies and procedures.
- Provides for personal and environmental safety in accordance with hospital and nursing policies and procedures
- Demonstrates skills in handling emergency and life-threatening situations
- Assures that documents in the medical record are complete, factual, accurate and timely.