Safran HR Generalist in Cypress, California
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing a variety of human resource duties, such as effectively recording, maintaining, and reporting human resource information and for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with Company personnel and with management. This job reports to the site Human Resources Manager.
Summary of Duties (may or may not include all the duties below):
• Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
• Investigate and resolve day-to-day employee relation issues. Documents initial complaint, determines scope of investigation, recommends course of action, documents findings and summarizes the investigation.
• Represents the company for any unemployment claims.
• Interviews, screens and recruits job applicants to fill entry-level, professional and technical job openings.
• Reviews applications and interviews applicants to match experience with specific job-related requirements.
• Handles benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, courteous resolution.
• Manage and conduct new employee orientations.
• Performs exit interviews and processes all termination paperwork including Cal-COBRA/COBRA documents while adhering to all state and federal laws.
• Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
• Develops and maintains various reports and documents to provide current personnel information.
• Assists with the maintenance of the human resource database while ensuring that system records are accurately recorded and cross-checked.
• Organizes annual reviews between employees and managers. Organizes files, provides forms, timelines, and reminders to direct employees and managers through the review process.
• Manages workers' compensation injury reporting/claim administration.
• Administer, track and coordinate all FMLA and/or leaves of absences and coordinate with payroll.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
• Records data for each employee, including such information as addresses, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
• Examines employee files to answer inquiries and provide information for personnel actions.
• Ensures that human resource files and records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and Company policies and procedures.
• Completes miscellaneous research, reports and conveys information as requested and needed.
• Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• Performs other related duties required and assigned.
- • Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or a related field required.
- • Minimum 3 years' experience as a Human Resources Generalist, or 4 years HR experience demonstrating increasing HR responsibilities.
• Knowledge of both California and Federal Labor Laws Labor Laws
• Knowledge of HR concepts, best practices, and procedures
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and management skills with the ability to direct, motivate, and give constructive feedback
• Must be highly organized with ability to track multiple projects
• Advanced level skills with Microsoft Office including: Word and Excel
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
• HR certification (PHR or SPHR, Certified or Senior Certified Professional)
• 5 years HR experience overall (with 3+ as an HR Generalist)
Description: Experienced-level position within field.
EEO StatementIt is the policy of Safran to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. #LI-KO1
Company informationSafran Cabin
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 81,000 employees and holds, alone or in partnership, world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Capital ranking for best employers in France.
Safran Cabin provides all elements of a seamlessly integrated cabin Interior. From the overhead bins, lavatories and galleys to crew rests and cargo containers, either as independent world class products or as a fully integrated cabin.
Human ResourcesSupport functionsAdministrative staff
Cypress, California, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years