Ross Stores, Inc. Senior Manager, Allocation Strategy in Dublin, California
The Senior Manager of Allocation Strategy is a leader of a dynamic team whose primary objective is to drive the strategic vision for the department. Our team identifies growth opportunities and high-value Business outcomes, and then incorporates these into the roadmap of the department. As a result, Strategy is primarily a project-driven team that oversees the broader project portfolio of the department, ensuring that team energy aligns to and supports key Business objectives. We are comfortable working in a fluid environment, ensuring our work supports an ever-changing Business climate – our work is dynamic and mentally stimulating! We often lead projects that involve development of new capabilities, or cross-functional initiatives that involve other departments. We also enjoy providing analytical insights in support of complex initiatives, and we drive improvements for Business-critical assets of the department. With our team, change is always around the corner – and we take a central role in identifying targets and chasing after them!
As a Senior Manager, you will:
- Partner with the Vice President of Allocation Strategy to analyze key Business challenges for operational improvements and/or solution development.
- Guide cross-team discussions to document and understand current-state, and actively gather team inputs on future-state options that target high-value Business objectives.
- Leverage your data analysis skills in order to identify data relevant to each Business problem, and you will enjoy logically thinking through how that data can be used to support solutions
- Take pride in presenting information in a user-friendly way, distilling charts of data into meaningful and actionable Business Information that is easy to convey and understand
- Have a strong ability to detect trends in data and extrapolate these into future expected behavior or results
- Work with a broad team to form and mold ideas into workable solutions
- Be empowered to bring concepts and solution proposals forward to the senior Allocation Leadership team!
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams such as Information Technology and Business Information who will support and enable your team to achieve tangible results.
- Manage all active initiatives of the Strategy team and prioritize/scheduling future initiatives; break down work into achievable objectives and optimally assign work to direct reports, holding them accountable for achieving assigned tasks
- Manage the operational side of the team, including report generation and ongoing asset development.
Let your career take off by joining a dynamic team that is focused on creating tangible Business Value in an exciting environment where partnership is valued, and results are achievable!
Hyper-Focus on Solving Business Challenges with Data-Driven Insights
- Work closely and regularly with multiple Business partners to understand their challenges
- Apply your Business and Technical acumen to define areas of potential improvement
- Strongly support your recommendations with relevant data
- Be comfortable working in a very fluid environment, where work priorities shift under the weight of changing Business priorities; enjoy the unpredictable!
- Have a very hands-on management style - interact daily with your team
- Care deeply for your team; maintain a regular focus on team member development, and find more value in your team’s success than your own
- Openly accept feedback and incorporate it into a cycle of continual improvement; polish others around you in the same manner
- Filter out the noise of many external requests, and focus the team on what is important for the Business
- Identify the strengths of team members and assign work accordingly to optimize results
- Conduct and manage the performance processes to identify key areas for associate development, ensuring fair and time-bound measurement and assessment of goals
- Be comfortable communicating status, concepts, and solutions to Senior Leadership
- Clearly articulate your reasoning and internal thought processes
- Be comfortable both communicating at a detailed level (with your working team) as well as summarizing key Business objectives (for your leadership team)
- Drive for clarity by asking targeted questions – do not allow lack of understanding to lead to confusion
- Challenge the known using a positive approach and demeanor
- Active Listening & Comprehension
- Communicate with both Business and Technical partners
Analysis and Judgment:
- Process Analysis Experience
- Attention to Detail
- Leverage data to support positions
- Quickly develop knowledge of team and organizational environment
Interpersonal and Team Effectiveness:
- Build Relationships
- Collaborate extensively
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 7-9 years of experience in roles that require both Technical and Business competence
- 4-6years of experience managing people
- Required Business skills: Logical and critical thinking, Business Process Analysis, Business Process Development, very strong presentation and speaking skills
- Required technical skills: Data Analysis (including tools such as Excel analytics, SQL, Python, or other toolsets)
- Beneficial technical skills: Code Management, Code Development (language of experience is not critical), Solution Architecture, Agile development methodologies and approaches
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.