Ross Stores, Inc. Senior Specialist, Accounts Payable in Dublin, California
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of routine and complex Accounts Payable invoices according to Ross established policy and procedures. Maintain strong vendor relations with more sensitive high-profile vendors by resolving routine and more complicated inquiries timely and efficiently. Route invoices for coding and approval and resolve invoice exceptions in 3rd party Invoice Solution to ensure invoices are processed timely. Audit expense reports for accuracy and ensure compliance with the Ross Travel and Expense Policy. Support AP Expense functions to attain department goals and ensure productivity standards are achieved.
- Reconcile and verify more complex expense invoices in 3rd party invoice processing solutions in accordance with Ross policy and procedures.
- Process high volume uploads according to established SLAs; validate upload template submitted from business owners for completeness, accuracy, and approvals. Process upload into system ensuring vouchers are created without exceptions.
- Research and resolves routine and more difficult vendor and internal business partner invoice and payment inquiries
- Partner with the procurement team to resolve invoices in PO Match Exception.
- Validate invoice for accuracy related to invoice details, including supplier's remittance information, expense coding, and proper sales/use tax application
- Review PeopleSoft online Payment Requests for appropriate back-up and approval prior to voucher creation.
- Process manual expense reports for store associates ensuring proper approval and documentation in attached; additionally, audit corporate and buying office associate expense reports processed through the T&E module for compliance with the Ross Travel and Expense Policy
- Enter occasional exception invoices / payment requests that require special handling such as high dollar capital expenditure requests with special tax application
- Communicate and escalate issues per established procedures to Supervisor as appropriate
- Complete daily productivity log ensuring department standards are achieved.
- Results Driven/Organizational Agility
- Customer Service
- Peer Relationships/Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving/Technical Competence
- Integrity and Trust
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School diploma/GED
- 2-4 years of work experience in Finance or Accounting; Solid understanding of full cycle Account Payable functions
- Experience in working in a high-volume processing environment; previous invoice upload processing knowledge a plus
- Customer service experience in responding to routine & more difficult inquiries
- Knowledge of AP applications on a major computerized system
- Able to organize own workload to meet priorities and deadlines
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills (including V-lookup and pivot tables)
- Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
- Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.