Ross Stores, Inc. Senior Specialist, Employee Relations (Investigations) in Dublin, California
Mitigate risk for the company and drive engagement by managing timely response to associate concerns raised through the Open Door channels. Execute prompt, timely, thorough and proactive response to Alertlines, 3rd Party Charges, Associate correspondence, Social Media, or any actionable trends identified through Case Management requiring on-site and/or remote investigative activity. Provide AR support for critical incidents such as suicidal associates, domestic violence, or passing of an associate. An active consultant and member of the Threat Response Team. Coach and counsel field/store management on managing associate relations issues as needed. Facilitate Key People Processes and Approachable Leadership training or Deep Dive Climate Surveys in response to Associate Engagement results or requests from field leaders based on climate trends. Monitor, validate and ensure compliance with internal HR policies and procedures as well as external local, state and federal laws. Work with HR Services team and legal partners to provide documentation, reports or investigative case files or records as needed.
- Conduct on-site/remote investigations as assigned by the Associate Relations Case Manager identified through Case Management, Alertline, 3rd Party, Social Media, Associate correspondence or other vehicles.
- Enter case notes and supporting documentation from investigations into Case Management system daily and in timely/thorough manner.
- Work closely with HR Services team to ensure cross functional sharing of activities and outcomes.
- Together with support team, run reporting and provide related documents such as case management history, compliance sign offs, etc. to assist in the response for 3rd Party claims, agency / attorney charges. Conduct investigations as needed for further case closure.
- Respond on site as necessary to any crisis situations working with RISC and 3rd Party – Magellan.
- Conduct Domestic/Intimate Partner Interactives and follow established protocols.
- Respond to cases involving Suicidal Associates by following established protocols.
- Respond to and provide support to business units when they experience the passing of an associate.
- Facilitate Approachable Leadership and Key People Processes intervention training for all Bottom 10% stores identified through the Associate Engagement Survey. Disseminate findings to appropriate business partners.
- Lead First Responder process.
- Monitor that stores are proactively executing a union avoidance culture and are responding with a sense of urgency to any union organizing campaign or suspicion of attempt once discovered.
- Advise on Corrective Action Guideline adherence and counsel Store Management on policy violation disciplinary action to ensure consistency.
- Interpret personnel policy. Assist Field Leadership in redirecting associates when necessary, formulating action plans with managers when potential associate problems are identified.
- Stay abreast of local, state and federal AR related legislation. Inform appropriate leaders; make recommendations for training and the cascading information to the affected population.
- Respond (within 48 business hours – 24 business hours for Harassment) to all case management, critical incidents, 3rd Party charges or phone calls relating to Associate relations allegations.
- Meet established service level expectations including expected case closure productivity and days to close goals.
- Final Pay and Effective Scheduling compliance within guidelines.
- Recommend follow up on appropriate disciplinary action for repeat compliance issues.
- Maintain monthly reporting to drive execution with compliance related items.
- Meet HR budget expectations.
- Work with legal to help support as needed in the research and documentation of any state or federal agency complaints, and coordinate response with legal counsel.
- Stay abreast of regional, state, or federal statute changes which may affect company policy/procedure.
- Coordinate with unemployment tax consultant as necessary, regarding state unemployment claims – appear on behalf of the company when needed.
- Coordinate and/or participate in Department of Labor claim hearings when necessary.
- Conduct or follow up on ADA regulations and Interactives to ensure we remain compliant.
- Assist in evaluating Human Resource training needs based on trends identified from analytics.
- Coach and counsel field / store management on managing associate relations issues.
- Follow up on training topics to ensure consistency. Monitor and measure success of programs.
- Conduct training workshops and seminars as needed.
- Develop self by staying abreast of HR techniques and trends.
Analysis / Research
- Recommend human resource policy and procedural changes to corporate in response to changing needs or trends.
- Assess needs regarding training, benefits, wages, labor and associate relations and communicate recommendations to business partners.
- Initiate analysis / reports / statistical data which may affect stores’ human resource performance and/or related business initiatives.
Liaison to Corporate Office / Field
- Provide guidance to field leadership as needed in implementing and communicating personnel, compensation, and benefit policies and procedures.
- Act as liaison between business units (corporate, stores, DCs) for training, benefits, labor, and associate relations needs.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts to communicate trends identified through call center, case management, etc. and create action plan to address. (Training / Communication, etc.)
Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Decision Quality
- Integrity and Trust
- Self- Development
- Conflict Management
- Drive for Results
- Time Management
Administration QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
20-30% short notice travel required
- 3-5 years multi-unit retail HR or similar Associate Relations Call Center/Shared Services experience
- Wicklander or related Investigations Training preferred
- Knowledge of EFCA/NLRB related issues a plus
- Degree(s) in Business Administration, Organization Development, Human Resources or other related field preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, facilitation, analytical, organizational and communications skills required
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.