Taylor-Listug, Inc HVAC Technician II (Day Shift) in El Cajon, California
We are seeking an HVAC Technician to become part of our team at Taylor Guitars. Do you find satisfaction in providing a quality work environment for a team of adept and passionate guitar builders? Do you have experience in maintaining control of the temperature and humidity in a Manufacturing environment? Are you eager to apply your technical experience and share your knowledge in a positive and productive approach? Are you looking to join a skillful crew of individuals at a forward thinking and innovative company? If you are someone who enjoys being highly productive in a rewarding environment, bring your HVAC talents to our Building Repair and Maintenance Department at Taylor Guitars!
The HVAC Technician II is responsible for maintain control of the temperature and humidity in the facility and shop support systems as directed by the HVAC Supervisor and/or the Facilities Manager. Also responsible for the maintenance and operation of DI-water, compressed dry air and process vacuum systems.
HVAC Technician Success Factors
Within the first 30 days:
• Gain a full understanding of our facilities and HVAC equipment and how it relates to the different areas of our buildings and production.
• Become familiar with our maintenance service request system.
• Perform basic maintenance on compressors, vacuum pumps, and a/c units.
Within the first 6 months:
• Gain a complete understanding of climate control and how it effects our guitars.
• Respond to and diagnose problems communicated through out maintenance request system and service calls from multiple areas.
• Perform routine maintenance on all HVAC equipment.
• Perform basic repairs to HVAC equipment.
Within the first year:
• Work independently while performing all maintenance on HVAC equipment.
• Diagnose and repair all HVAC and humidification equipment employed in El Cajon facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Ability to use appropriate hand tools and personal protection equipment needed for specific HVAC related activities.
• Ability to perform energy management procedures to properly perform Lockout-Tagout in HVAC systems.
• Ability to obtain fork lift and scissor lift operation certificate.
• Able to conduct preventive and corrective maintenance procedures for evaporative coolers, heat exchange units, compressors, vacuum pumps, blowers, and other climate control equipment based on HVAC equipment manufacturer’s recommendation and/or internal maintenance plans.
• Discusses system behavior with users to isolate problems and to ensure malfunctions have been corrected.
• Adjusts system controls settings according to variations in outside weather conditions.
• Asist during installations of HVAC equipment including performing roof and wall penetrations, replacement and relocation of ducts, duct insulation, plumbing and electrical installation.
• Able to identify replacement parts from equipment documentation and/or with equipment manufacturer’s support.
• Proficient in the proper use HVAC specific tools such as pressure regulators, vacuum pumps, anemometers, temperature and humidity meters and scales to determine proper functioning of heating, ventilation, temperature and hydronic systems.
• Installs and is able to determines proper operation of thermostats, humidistats, fans, solenoids, variable frequency drives, programmable logic controllers, timers, pumps, dryers, oil/water separators and other equipment employed in HVAC and hydronic systems.
• Proficient in installing new equipment such as DI-water and hydronic systems, compressed dry air, process vacuum, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
• Ability to troubleshoot and report situations for further direction on resolving.
• Basic skills in interpreting blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine configuration and purpose of system components such as motors, pumps, fans, switches, ducts, or pipes.
• Reads and interprets wiring diagrams and schematic drawings.
• Ability to write detailed reports and maintain detailed equipment maintenance repair records.
• Trains other HVAC technicians in preventive and corrective maintenance procedures for HVAC related equipment employed in Taylor Guitars.
• Ability to travel to Tecate factory to assist in HVAC related activities as needed.
• Team Oriented - Ability to get along with others and to work well in a team environment.
• Technical Aptitude - Knowledge of and certification in Refrigeration Transfer and recovery levels I-III.
• Technical Aptitude - Knowledge of general protocol and procedures pertaining to HVAC disciplines.
• Technical Aptitude – Proficient in the use of digital and analog electronic and mechanical measuring devices.
• Technical Aptitude - Proficient in electrical and electronic troubleshooting.
Education & Experience: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED). Three to six years of related experience in the maintenance and operation of heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment for residential, commercial or industrial environments with emphasis in humidity control and natural materials.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
Certificates & Licenses
Ability to qualify for valid driver’s license, clean driving record for company coverage. Ability to qualify for obtaining international passport.
Able to climb service ladders to access roof areas, carry portable "A" frame, extension ladders and other HVAC related equipment. Needs to work from manlifts and other high reach" equipment.
Physical Demands Lift/Carry
Stand C (Constantly) 10 lbs or less O (Occasionally)
Walk C (Constantly) 11 - 20 lbs O (Occasionally)
Sit O (Occasionally) 21 - 50 lbs O (Occasionally)
Handling/Fingering C (Constantly) 51 - 100 lbs O (Occasionally)
Reach Outward C (Constantly) Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Reach Above Shoulder F (Frequently) Push/Pull
Climb O (Occasionally) 12 lbs or less O (Occasionally)
Crawl O (Occasionally) 13-25 lbs O (Occasionally)
Squat or Kneel O (Occasionally) 26-40 lbs O (Occasionally)
Bend O (Occasionally) 41 – 100 labs O (Occasionally)
N (Not Applicable): Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally): Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently): Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly): Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements: Vision (Near)
Sense of Sound (Must have good hearing for phone work and interaction with employees, dealers and customers.)
Job ID: 2020-1192
External Company Name: Taylor-Listug, Inc.
External Company URL: https://www.taylorguitars.com/