Mattel Ecommerce Merchandising Associate in El Segundo, California
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
*The Opportunity: *
The Ecommerce Merchandising Associate is responsible for maintaining and enhancing merchandising and marketing on the americangirl.com e-commerce site, owning tools vendor relationships for a specific product, analysis, user acceptance testing, and product knowledge.
*What Your Impact Will Be: *
- Supporting the ecommerce team to drive goals including: executing plans that achieve sales and inventory goals, drive conversion rate and AOV, and provide a positive customer experience.
- Partners with cross-functional teams and supports all aspects of the e-commerce channel while balancing the numerous priorities of a fast-paced business, implementing key initiatives.
- Provide project management support and guidance on small to large consumer facing activities.
- Represent e-commerce on cross-functional teams to balance the needs of the digital world with other channels and areas of the business. Implement strategic and tactical plans of all corporate and channel initiatives on the e-commerce site. Manage internal relationships cross-functionally
*What We’re Looking For: *
- Experience working in multi-channel Retail or Consumer Products industry, where CRM driven cross-channel planning, execution, budgeting and analysis are essential.
- Strong Marketing background preferred.
- Problem solver who can detect business challenges and work in a complex environment to find solutions to those challenges as well as identify new opportunities that have potential to drive the business forward.
- Independent thinker and decision maker.
- Technologically savvy and able to quickly learn new platforms and tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical skills, solid project management abilities, familiarity with ecommerce tools and the interaction with inventory management tools.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Posting Title: Ecommerce Merchandising Associate
Requisition Number: 210072
Location: El Segundo, California
Zip Code: 90245
Job Category: Marketing