FirstService Residential Assistant Community Manager in Elk Grove, California
JOB SUMMARY: This position reports directly to the General Manager and supports them in all aspects of running the Association. The associate replenishes office supplies and interfaces with vendors related to security patrol, landscape maintenance, and office administration. They answer resident questions, resolve issues, and plan and support community activities. Knowledge of Excel and Word will aid in the completion of various administrative duties and reports. A professional appearance, and a friendly, helpful demeanor is required.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Ideal Candidate MUST have: Administrative Experience, HOA/homeowners administration experience, customer service, multi task, ability to work independently and work as a team collectively.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS include the following (in no particular order). Other requirements may be assigned.
- Works closely with the General Manager and the Board of Directors to plan and implement the goals and objectives of the Association.
- Take calls from board members, homeowners and vendors and handle the matter or refer to the appropriate staff member.
- Process, track and follow up on open Work Orders. Ensure resolutions are acquired in a timely manner.
- Working with the General Manager, oversees the Architectural Control Committee. Will prepare agendas, coordinate submittals, attend ACC meetings, take minutes, enter into Connect, and prepare responses to applications for residents.
- To help oversee the Security Patrol team to aid in enforcement of rules and ensure they are following post orders.
- Produce monthly newsletters for the Association.
- Must be willing to drive and walk to perform inspections.
- Association/Committees hold various social events for Members and their guests and staff may be required from time to time to assist with event scheduling, sales, and other event preparations as required.
- Will handle clubhouse management and aid in member check in, clubhouse inspections, work with clubhouse vendors, member service requests, and other duties as required.
- Assist the General Manager in providing leadership at each meeting in terms of support, written and oral reports as requested on designated items, and follow up after meetings.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings. Stay abreast of new trends and innovations in fields of community management.
- Participate in and occasionally run daily FirstCall and staff meetings.
- Administrative duties related to mailing, filing, copying, etc. as assigned.
- Will act on behalf of the General Manger in his/her short-term absence.
- Maintain an organized and clean workspace according to company procedures.
- Complete company training as assigned, attend all mandatory company functions, and adhere to FirstService Standards of Operation, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties and assignments may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily (performance requirements). The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be knowledgeable and adept with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must have administrative background and be able to demonstrate organizational skills and the ability toprioritize tasks.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to independently answer and place telephone calls.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Public charisma and ability to develop positive relationships.
- Organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Strong ethical practices.
- Ability to think and work independently and as part of a team.
- Works effectively with co-workers, clients, customers, and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner.
- Addresses problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions.
- Use of good judgment.
- Weekend or evening work may be required.
HOURS: Normal hours will be Monday through Friday, On-Site from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with an hour for a meal break. Occasionally, the position will be asked to work a weekend or at night. Overtime should be approved by the General Manager. This schedule is subject to change to meet the business needs of the Association.
- None at this time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a minimum GED or High School Diploma; two (2) year or four (4) year college degree preferred.
- Community Management experienced preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Proficient in English Bilingual Spanish helpful.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Strong general math skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Valid Driver's License and State Mandated Vehicle Insurance
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Work duties may require the ability to stand or walk on hard surfaces for frequent and prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to effectively place and receive telephone calls, use voicemail system, and copy/fax machine.\
- Work is performed in a variety of environmental conditions, with exposure to outdoor temperatures, weather variations, traffic and equipment noise, equipment vibrations, vehicle and/or chemical fumes, chemicals such as cleaning solvents and grease, machinery and their moving parts and dust.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics are normal office conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistent and regular attendance required.
About Us: FirstService Residential is North America's foremost property management firm. Our dedication, responsiveness and integrity are why thousands of communities across the U.S. and Canada choose FirstService Residential to manage their properties. We have expertise working with complex communities with large budgets and numerous amenities. In addition, we manage commercial associations and mixed-use developments, as well as multi-family and investor-owned rental and REO properties for institutional and private equity clients.
We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, apply today or join our community and learn more about FirstService Residential.
To learn more about our company and culture, please visit www.fsresidential.com/california
FirstService Residential is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Keywords: Property Management, Property Manager, HOA, Community Management, Association, Administration, administrative, customer service, hiring now
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled