Carlton Senior Living Cook in Elk Grove, California
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Prepares, seasons, and cooks soups, meats, vegetables, desserts, and other foodstuffs for consumption in eating establishments by performing the following duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.:
- Stocks production areas for efficient daily operation.
- Reads menu to estimate food requirements and orders food from supplier or procures food fromstorage.
- Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, and steamkettles.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts,sauces, and casseroles.
- Bakes, roasts, broils, and steams meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Adds seasoning to foods during mixing or cooking.
- Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling, and piercing with fork to determinedegree of doneness.
- Carves meats, portions food on serving plates, adds gravies and sauces, and garnishes servings tofill orders.
- Displays knowledge and follows all procedures in sanitation and sanitary food handling.
- Keeps work area clean and organized using soap and sanitizing agents.
- Supervises other cooks and kitchen employees, if in a lead cook capacity.
- Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
- Butchers chickens, fish, and shellfish.
- Cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking.
- Bakes bread, rolls, cakes, and pastry.
- Loads or unloads trucks picking up or delivering food and/or supplies.
All other reasonable and related duties assigned by the Supervisor. Qualifications:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Interact well with our Carlton Family – residents, family members, all staff members, futureresidents.
- Must have basic knowledge of food preparation, service standards and resident relations and etiquette.
- Ability to calculate units of weight and measure, both liquid and dry, as required by recipes.
- Ability to use common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in the written,oral or diagram form.
- Education and Experience
- According to Title 22 requirements, employee must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Formal culinary training or degree in culinary arts are preferred.
- One year prior culinary experience is preferred with a serve safe certification.
- Certificates, License, Registration
- Current First Aid Certification (obtained through community)
- DOJ and FBI fingerprint clearance must be completed prior to working in community (obtained through community)
- Health screening and negative TB test, must be less than six (6) months old. (obtained through community)