Aerotek Research Associate (Organic Synthesis) in Emeryville, California
Hiring an experienced Research Associate to support our Products Division in developing and scaling new production processes for our fermented novel molecules. As a member of the Process Development & Scale Up team, the incumbent will support and execute experiments in the DSP Laboratory, as well as providing support for process development across scales and transfer of processes between sites.
• Perform downstream processing (DSP) experimentation at lab scale to support commercially-scalable process definition and development
• Analyze test samples and/or prepare and ship samples for external analysis
• Interface with other teams, such as Fermentation Lab, Analytical Chemistry, etc., to successfully execute experiments
• Support client scale-up testing at external CRO/CMO and equipment vendor facilities as necessary
Organic synthesis, Chemistry, Cell Isolation, Distillation, Chromatography
Top Skills Details:
Chemistry, Organic Synthesis, Cell Isolation, Distillation, Chromatography
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
BS in Chemistry and 2+ yrs industry lab experience. Excellence and high achievement in previous technical and non-technical work
• Experience with organic synthesis.
• Needs problem solving skills.
• Experience or ability to operate a range of laboratory-scale unit operations such as cell isolation, extraction, liquid-liquid and liquid-solid separations, • distillation, drying, filtration, crystallization, chromatography, etc.
• Rigorous attention to detail in experimental execution, and ability to document and execute complex experiments
• Familiarity with basic statistical concepts.
• Basic familiarity with fermentation and biochemical processes.
• Knowledge of chemical engineering principles is a plus
• Needs problem solving skills
• Troubleshooting: Need to know what to do if something goes wrong with the equipment if there is an issue.
• Safety: working in a strong safety culture
• Problem Solver & Develop Procedures
• Communication: autonomous and collaborative, informative. Documentation of the experiments. Verbally communicate and present the data
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.