CableCom LLC Foreman - Aerial Crew in Fairfield, California
CC021- Fairfield, CA
Fairfield, CA, USA
CableCom is a leading provider of engineering, construction, and testing services for coaxial and fiber optic cable systems. With headquarters in Bothell, Washington, just outside of Seattle, we have over 20 locations throughout the Western Region of the US. Every day we work to improve the way information is shared and communicated through the execution of innovative technology projects.
At CableCom you’ll be joining a family where we are committed to supporting each other and building a collaborative team environment. As part of our team, your opportunities are endless. Join us where you can be a part of a team dedicated to providing world class customer service.
CableCom is looking for experienced Aerial Foremen to join our team in our Fairfield, California location. Successful candidates must have knowledge of lashing cable and fiber, completing pole transfers, and storm damage. Splicing coax cable, bucket truck and/or and Digger truck experience a plus! Candidate must be capable of working in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions and be able to pass a background check and drug screen. We offer competitive pay and an extensive benefits package.
- Supervise and/or direct the daily work performed by 3 to 4 man crew. This includes ensuring that all needed tools and equipment are available at the jobsite, assigning work to the crew members in the field, working from engineered blue prints, and completing all necessary paperwork to track and bill for the work performed.
- Install aerial and underground cables and/or support members in conformance with all applicable codes, regulations, and customer specifications (NEC Electrical Code, System and/or City Specifications).
- Climb utility poles and/or use aerial lift truck to place cables on poles per system design.
- Assure that door-tagging and resident notification of our construction activities has been completed prior to starting each workday. Resolve customer/resident complaints related to construction activities performed by crew working under your supervision.
- Ensure daily inspection and maintenance of fleet vehicles and equipment assigned to crew working under your supervision is performed and documented. If appropriately licensed, drive company vehicles as needed to jobsite.
- And other duties assigned.
- Possess a valid driver’s license (Class “C” minimum) or be eligible and willing to acquire any needed drivers license (including “commercial class” license).
- Capable of working in all temperatures, climates, and weather conditions.
- Willingness to work shifts as assigned, including daily overtime whenever necessary and at the discretion of supervisors.
- Ability to performing demanding tasks and heavy physical labor as assigned for the duration of the daily shift.
- Must be a “certified pole climber” or capable of demonstrating proficiency as a pole climber.
- Must own all hand tools and climbing gear required to perform the daily functions of this position.
- Must be able to pass background and drug screen.
- Able to perform physical tasks for the entire assigned work shift
- Standing - 6 to 8 hours daily
- Walking - 6 to 8 hours daily
- Climbing - 6 to 8 hours daily
- Bending & Twisting - 6 to 8 hours daily
- Pushing & Pulling - 6 to 8 hours daily
- Repetitive Motions (grasping, manipulating) - 4 to 5 hours daily
- Lifting Heavy Objects (100 lbs.) - Occasionally
- Lifting Medium Objects (50 to 90 lbs.) - Often
- Lifting & Carrying Objects (50 lbs for up to 100 yds) – Regularly
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with company matching
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Vacation (PTO)
Applicants are required to pass all company drug testing, submit to a background check and adhere to all OSHA, state, city/municipality safety requirements and training provided by the company as required.
*If you are interested in learning more about our organization, please visit our website www.cablecomllc.us *
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.
Posted: January 14, 2021