Milestone Technologies GRC Technical Writer III in Fremont, California
Milestone Technologies, Inc. is a leading IT Managed Services and IT Professional Services solutions provider headquartered in the Bay Area and serving clients globally. Our unique approach to IT Managed Services includes Contact Center Services, Internal IT Support, Data Center Operations, Workforce Solutions, and IT Professional Services.
The Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) Technical Writer III will support technical writing objectives in strategic governance, enterprise risk management, and compliance of the Global Security organization. The ideal candidate, based in Menlo Park, California, will be part of the Governance Team and be responsible for the quality, discoverability and accuracy of the content, for both internal and external GRC initiatives.
• Lead the initiative to audit the current knowledge base systems and provide strategic recommendations for changes and improvements.
• Write concise documentation including but not limited to the following: knowledge base, Wiki, processes, best practices, communications, and presentations.
• Create and maintain internal site content for organization, content, accuracy, and brand.
• Maintain library for communications team’s document control, team collaboration, and external socialization.
• Write and simplify processes and procedures into understandable language, workflows, and instructions
• Participate in all aspects of documentation development from project planning through project release, including but not limited to: developing, writing, editing, and publishing
• Work collaboratively with various teams and disciplines to develop documentation that satisfies its intended purpose, within schedule and budget limitations.
•Lead or assist with retention, file naming and file storage initiatives
• Understand and apply context towards different content types, tailor content to best fit audience, and apply critical thinking to ensure that content meets standards.
• Maintain working knowledge of other industry-standard platforms
• Create internal forms to collect information and kick-off internal tracking process for new project requests.
• 5 – 7 years of experience as a Content or Technical Specialist.
• Proficient in MS Suites to include Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
•Demonstrate leadership skills in a cross-pyramid capacity
•Knowledge of processes & procedures development
• Editorial, copywriting, and/or analytics experience.
• 2 years of experience with CAD, HTML, and wiki preferred.
• Tableau experience a plus.
•Excellent communication and presentation skills
•Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
•Highly motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
•Written and Verbal Communication Skills
•Ability to quickly learn and master new technology
•Direct project and process management experience. Accomplish assignments and responsibilities
•Excellent computer skills and comprehension of MS Office (Visio, SharePoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Job ID 2021-13916
# of Openings 1
Hire Type Regular Full-Time
Job Category IT Security
Milestone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status