St. Joseph Health / Covenant Health Director of Finance - General Accounting in Fullerton, California
We are looking for a Director of finance with General Accounting
/Finance Department at St. Jude Medical Center.
Location: Fullerton, CA
Schedule: Full-time 80 Biweekly Hour
Shift: 8 Hour Day Shift
The Director Finance is responsible for the financial oversight of assigned ministries, including monitoring financial performance, variance reporting, supporting the achievement of productivity and supply chain targets, and participating in ministry level management meetings. The Director Finance will be a key liaison to accounts payable and payroll process, in support of the managers and senior leaders throughout the ministries. Furthermore, the director of finance will assist in facilitation of capital projects as prioritized and approved through regional and system processes. As a part of the regional finance team, the Director Finance will assist with development of ministry budgets, and provide assistance as needed to the ministry senior management team and departmental leaders as they work to achieve annual and long term strategies. Primary areas of responsibility will also include development and management of dashboards, achievement of internal audit recommendations, and leading special projects as assigned for both the ministry and the region. Key areas of responsibility include the review of monthly financial statements, and the partnership with the PSJH accounting team to accurately reflect economics representative of operational and clinical services.
Ability to use mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
Ability to analyze information, evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Demonstrated problem solving skills
Knowledge of financial principles and practices and the ability to apply them effectively.
• Effective written communication skills as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations; live, via online or virtual mediums as needed to support leaders throughout assigned ministries.
• Excellent collaboration and team building skills
• Effective conflict management skills
• Ability to effectively build relationships with customers, executive management, and other stakeholders through positive interaction and problem identification and resolution
• Ability to "think outside the box" and not be hindered by how things have been done in the past.
• Knowledge and understanding of the trends and changes taking place in health care
• Understanding of local integrated delivery systems of a large, multi-site health system
Decision Making/Organization Skills:
• Ability to represent the company with external customers/clients
• Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
• Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
• Ability to work within tight timeframes and meet strict deadlines
• Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities and to organize workload to ensure that timeframes are met and the work is successfully completed within deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to define, develop, and analyze performance measures and metrics.
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Demonstrated planning and project oversight/management skills.
• Demonstrated skills in project plan design and implementation; directing projects, coordinating the work of operational teams, and managing project budgets.
• Effectively manages to project deadlines and escalates issues as appropriate.
• Working knowledge of desktop software applications (e.g., MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Internet, Email)
• Knowledge of basic office practices, procedures, machines and equipment.
• Demonstrable working knowledge of spreadsheet, database, word processing and desktop publishing software.
• Knowledge of the use of health information technology to improve care (eg: electronic medical records, disease registries, websites, IVR).
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Related Field
8 years In a leadership role or capacity
More than 10 years of closely related experience.
St. Jude Medical Center is a faith-based, non-profit, 384-bed, tertiary care facility, and is one of Southern California's most-respected and technologically-advanced hospitals. With nearly 700 of the area's finest physicians on staff, St. Jude offers nearly every medical specialty and sub-specialty. Whether for the birth of a baby, life-saving surgery or a routine mammogram, St. Jude continues to set the standard for medical care and offers the community the most comprehensive array of services and programs.St. Jude Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, St. Jude Medical Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Positions specified as “on call/per diem” refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as “as needed basis” to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: St. Jude Medical Center
Category: Non-Clinical Director/ Executive