BlackBerry Corporation Critical/Crisis Event SaaS PRODUCT MARKETING Expert in Irvine, California
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
Senior Product Marketing Manager
Are you a Product Marketing Professional with experience in the Critical/Crisis Event Management software product industry? We want to know!
BlackBerry is seeking a product marketing expert in the threat and automation response software industry to champion a high profile product initiative. This is an opportunity to join BlackBerry and shape the future of global communications ensuring business continuity in critical events or natural disasters.
You will drive outbound marketing activities for our Critical Event Management solutions, including product and services. You will craft the messaging and positioning for products and solutions. You'll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand.
This individual will be responsible for marketing our solutions (enterprise channel and sales) and ensure they are field digestible by developing positioning documents, presentations, demand generation and thought leadership pieces (i.e. blogs, contributed articles, etc.). This person will be responsible for the positioning of BlackBerry products and services to prospects and analysts. Also, evangelizing and educating people about BlackBerry at trade shows, road shows, partner training, and customer engagements, as allowed. Finally, this person will act as a soft sell resource for sales to discuss roadmaps, technology differentiation, competitive analysis acting also as a customer advocacy liaison.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Represent BlackBerry to the public in a professional technically astute and business use case knowledgeable manner
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your products and/or services
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of your products
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to crush them
- Educate and train employees, resellers and OEMs on BlackBerry products and services demand for your products
- Create product collateral, white papers, videos, blogs, articles, etc. to properly communicate the value and differentiation of BlackBerry as a company, products and services
- Work with product managers and technical teams to package and deliver BlackBerry offerings to the public
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum 8 years of relevant product marketing experience in a high-tech company
- Strong Critical Event Management system knowledge with the added ability to technically discuss and demonstrate solutions.
- Understand and develop associated use cases for Emergency Response, Business Continuity and Business Operations workflows from an end user executive perspective. Not just from an IT perspective.
- Strong marketing writing skills (content creation) with a high level of business acumen.’
- Proven ability to distill technical documentation and product functionality into a compelling, differentiated story, tailored to each target audience.
- A collaborative colleague with a team-oriented attitude and effective problem-solving capabilities
- A marketing professional with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- A self-starter who possesses intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability that prides themselves on building strong internal and external relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- Potential 25% future travel required
ABOVE AND BEYOND
- Direct experience with EverBridge, Fact24, Alertus, OnSolve, PagerDuty, Xmatters or similar critical communications systems.
Job Family Group Name: Marketing & Communications
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled