Edwards Lifesciences Laboratory Technician Biocompatibility In Vivo Testing in Irvine, California
Provide in vivo and in vitro laboratory testing services.
• Perform a variety of routine laboratory test and assist in laboratory tasks as required under close supervision of Laboratory Supervisor and Study Directors
• Perform in vivo biological assays using small animals (rabbits and rodents) , including administration of samples , health monitoring and sample collection
• Collect, analyze, and process laboratory samples
• Calibrate and operate standard laboratory equipment that are maintained in electronic system
• Record results, organize data, and perform basic computations
• Initiate and support laboratory investigations
• Assist in validation activities for equipment and test methods under close supervision
• May participate in small continuous improvement projects
• Maintain laboratory supplies and chemical inventory
• Review, follow and perform job functions in compliance with established work instructions and adherence with SOPs, including recording traceable information on device history records
• Prepare culture media, chemicals, reagents and solutions
• Available for occasional overtime.
• Strict attention to detail
• Other incidental duties
Education and Experience:
Associate's Degree or equivalent in related science field, or veterinary technician. 1 Year experience working with in vivo methods or experience working with small laboratory animals Required
• Basic written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
• Basic computer skills, including usage of MS Office; experience with electronic equipment systems preferred
• Able to read, comprehend, write and speak English
• Moderate knowledge of laboratory processes
• Moderate Basic knowledge in QSR (Quality System Regulation), FDA (Food and Drug Administration), and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) regulations
• Basic knowledge with ISO/USP/ASTM biocompatibility evaluation requirements
• Knowledge of GLP (Good Laboratory Practices), GDP (Good Documentation Practices) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) supporting a medical device environment
• Must be able to work in a team environment and with close supervision
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 13,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.