The LEGO Group System Engineer, BrickLink (Irvine, CA) in Irvine, California
System Engineer, BrickLink (Irvine, CA)
- USA, Irvine, California
Job ID US10824
- Information Technology
At the LEGO Group, every single person is united behind our mission to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. Are you interested in being part of a collaborative IT team?
With over 1 million members from all over the world, BrickLink is the leading marketplace for genuine and preloved LEGO products.
Bring value to yourself and the organization by putting your superpowers to work!
We are part of the LEGO Group and our vision is to encourage more people to enjoy creative LEGO building beyond childhood. BrickLink is also leading digital innovation of the LEGO building experience with Studio software. The team here at BrickLink is a small, diverse, and dedicated group of people. When we need a quick break, you can find us having a meal or coffee together in the kitchen. Or you can find us building the latest LEGO sets on “build sessions” where we regroup and enjoy downtime. Whatever the activity may be, we always strive to elevate team spirit and remain connected by learning from the BrickLink community and each other.
• Engineer products to the highest standards of security and data privacy by implementing and following LEGO Group security and data privacy principles from ideation to production release and beyond.
• Design and build end-to-end applications through close collaboration with other product team members, that follow high standards such as modern design patterns, architectural principles and documentation.
• Ensure product scalability, robustness and reliability.
• Improve operational efficiency by developing automation tools for daily tasks.
• Strong collaboration skills and a true team player
Suggest and define future stories to support the Product Owner by challenging ideas/opinions
• Analyzing and figuring out the system needs of an organization
• Installing hardware and software for the service
• Keeping systems operating efficiently by performing any necessary upgrades and repairs
• Planning a strategy to maintain system security on the computers and the network as a whole
• Manage and monitor with security services and resolve any security issues in a timely manner
• Optimizing and evaluating the system regularly
• Assigning and updating security permissions for the system infrastructure
• Training or directing users on the correct use of software and hardware within the system
• Performing problem-solving tasks when alerted by a user or monitoring system
• Manage and improve CI/CD process
• Provide internal IT support
• Participate in 24x7 on call
Bring your unique perspectives and expertise!
In the SysOps team, we work closely to provide quality service to BrickLink users. This role offers a chance to collaborate with developers and UX designers for all the BrickLink projects.
We are looking for new talent to join the team. Are you up for the challenge?
• 5+ years previous System/Infrastructure management experience
• Experience in managing Linux/Windows servers
• Experience in Amazon AWS cloud services
• Experience in network topology setting and management
• Experience in automation and scripting with modern scripting languages including shell script and PowerShell
· Knowledge on Identity Access Management
· Knowledge on MS Active Directory
· Working knowledge on modern security services
· Knowledge in automation and configuration management
Bring It to Life
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and equal pay regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
The LEGO Group is fully committed to Children’s Rights and Child Wellbeing across the globe. Candidates offered positions with high engagement with children are required to take part in Child Safeguarding Background Screening, as a condition of the offer.
Thank you for sharing our global commitment to Children’s Rights.
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
We are also passionate in how we take care of our employees. LEGO is derived from the Danish phrase “Leg Godt” which means “play well;” we want our employees to play well and be well. From competitive pay and bonus incentives, top-notch benefits, and on-site childcare, to working with a company who has promised to leave the planet better than they found it, you can feel good about working with us. Build your career, brick by brick, at The LEGO Group. We look very much forward to reading your application - please use the APPLY NOW button above or below, and please remember to attach a current CV.
We conduct drug screening as a part of our drug free workplace policy and in support of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees.
Online Application Accessibility Statement; which is intended for those with disabilities - LEGO systems endeavours to make www.LEGO.com/jobs accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our web site or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Service Desk at 1.860.394.3769. Please note, these communication channels should be used for those having difficulty accessing our on-line channels, not to inquire about job opportunities.