Aerotek Automation Engineer in Irwindale, California
This position will require the individual to manage multiple projects across multiple plants and to take a hands-on approach to design, installations and troubleshooting. Operating as part of a team, the Automation Engineer is directly accountable to the Director of Technical Services and supports Engineering, Plant Operations, and Maintenance Teams.
• Assessing, identifying and developing automation solutions that support business investments
• Understanding and identifying technology solutions that are best fit for the required solution
• Develop cost estimates, schedules, execution and startup budgets and plans for activities
• Oversight of OEM's, contractors and BFA personnel working on controls projects
• Documentation of automation / control systems (e.g.
block flows, single line diagrams, P&ID's, etc.)
• Fundamental project management skills to develop robust time lines and cost estimates for initiatives
• Communicate effectively with stakeholders and collaborate cross functionally
• Effectively Interface with Operations, Maintenance, Engineering, and Procurement teams to support current operations and new installations
• Position will require travel to BFA facilities as well as vendor and customer locations across North America.
Travel estimated to be 25% - 50%
• BS Degree in Engineering
• 5+ years of experience in hands-on automation engineering and programming experience with PLC / HMI / BMS systems in the manufacturing industry
• Minimum 2 years of experience in an FDA regulated industry like Food or BioPharma, etc.
• Minimum 1 year of Automation Management experience over projects or plant personnel
• Excellent people, team, and verbal / written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
• Willing to travel extensively to plants as needed
• Ability to work in a cold refrigerated plant environment
• Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering or Advanced degree
• Fresh cut Food Produce industry experience.
• Some documentation and computer system validation experience.
• Experience with technologies like; PLC - Rockwell, A/B, Mitsubishi, Modicon, HMI - Fix32, Operator interface terminals like Panel View, etc.
• Automation / Controls engineering experience in a system integrator environment
Hmi, rockwell, mitsubishi plc, modicon, bms, fda
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.