Benchmark House Attendant in Lake Arrowhead, California
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for a highly motivated House Attendant to join the team at Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa. The House Attendant ensures that standards of cleanliness in assigned areas are achieved and maintained on a consistent basis to provide the highest level of guest satisfaction in cleanliness and service, within the established time limitations.If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
A Mountain Hideaway
The spirit of Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa is casual luxury in a pristine natural setting. At an elevation of 5,200 feet in a lakeside setting that feels like no other place in Southern California, you’ll find Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa, an Autograph Collection Hotel. Our award-winning AAA Four Diamond hotels tranquil setting is framed by majestic pines, a private lake and gabled rooftops. Secluded and completely removed from civilization, yet just 90 minutes from Los Angeles and Orange County.
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
· Maintain the cleanliness of assigned guests floors by high dusting of walls, vacuuming, refilling, cleaning and stamping of sand urns. Clean and polish guest and service elevator door tracks. Mark removal of hallway wallpaper. Dust and wash hallway lights. Wash hallway windows. Clean vending machine rooms.
· Assist Room Attendants with heavy lifting and trash removal.
· Ensure that linen closets are stocked with all guest room supplies and collateral.
· Maintain proper allotment of linens in linen closet.
· Responsible for removing trash and soiled linens from Room Attendants carts throughout the day.
· Responsible for cleanliness of linen closets in assigned areas, including sweeping and mopping.
· Clean emergency stairways, including sweeping and mopping and cleaning of light fixtures.
· Responsible care of equipment and machines.
· Constant awareness of safety hazards (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons) and report to Floor Supervisor or the Housekeeping Office. Follow all training procedures set forth in the “Bloodborne Pathogens Program”.
· Practice safety standards at all times.
· Remain alert, courteous and helpful to guests and co-workers at all times.
· Perform other related duties as requested by supervisors.
· Make improvement recommendations to supervisors.
Formal Education and Job-Related Requirements
Housekeeping experience desirable.
Excellent customer service skills.
Ability to work on feet for an extended period of time.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Ability to read room numbers, dates and basic instructions.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
This position requires the employee to engage in Frequent Walking, Lifting up to 70lbs & Far Vision; Constant Standing, Bending Over, Crawling, Reaching, Crouching Kneeling, Balancing, Pushing/Pulling, Lifting up to 25lbs, Manual Dexterity, Gross Motor Skills, Hand Eye Coordination, Near Vision & Hearing; Sitting, Fine Motor Skills, Gross Motor Skills, Eye/Hand Coordination, Near Vision, Far Vision, Color Recognition and Hearing; Occasional Sitting, Balancing & Color Recognition.
The position involves the following Environmental Factors: Working Outside, Inside, Alone, Closely with Others, Above Ground, With Detergents & Chemicals as well as Walking on Uneven Surfaces and Climbing on Ladders.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
In applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read the above Position Guidelines and Position Analysis/Specifications and testify that I am able to perform the essential job functions for this position.
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner‐advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply‐rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory‐making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive “Be The Difference” culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com