Bosch Original Equipment Manufacturer eBike Technical Product Specialist in Lake Forest, California
Bosch eBike Systems
If you are familiar with the terms IoT, SDK, API sandbox, Q factor, drive unit, and S-Pedalec than we have an exciting opportunity for you at Bosch eBikes Systems North America. We are looking for a bicycle-savvy technician that has an even more in-depth understanding of the digitally connected world to support our Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) partners in the North American (NA) eBike market in the areas of connectivity, IoT and product integration.
Bosch eBike Systems, the current market leader for pedal-assist electric bike (eBike) drivetrain components in Europe, is growing quickly in North America as more OEMs produce and sell "Bosch ePowered" eBikes. These OEMs need our guidance and support and that’s where you come in. Here is a chance to shape the future of the cycling industry, while being a part of a well-established global company that provides opportunities to grow professionally and personally.
· You will be involved in the creation and further development of innovative application and process concepts within the IoT and connectivity landscape at Bosch eBike Systems to cooperate with bicycle manufacturers.
· You evaluate technical customer feedback regarding feasibility and integrate it into the product development process.
· You are responsible for verifying and securing the functionality of the applications in the context of customer approval.
· You will provide comprehensive advice to internal teams and develop and facilitate trainings.
· You check customer solutions regarding their functionality and develop test possibilities. In addition, you will carry out tests.
· You will analyze the performance and quality of digital applications and you will participate during the optimization of the application by intensive coordination with the specialist departments in order to develop customer-suitable solutions.
Travel and Location Expectation:
· Ability to travel both nationally and internationally. This will vary depending upon the season. Can be as much as 50% during some months during peak product development cycles. Preferred location for this role is on the eastern half of the United States and with-in 1-hour proximity to a major airport.
· Associate's degree.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in digital product integration.
· Minimum 1 year of experience in the bicycle industry.
· Communicative, team player and self-confident appearance even in front of an audience.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects during the bicycle model year with multiple OEMs.
· Experience with software development and/or application development.
· Very good written and spoken English.
· Self motivated, detail oriented, organized.
· Ability to multitask over multiple time zones and with international teams.
· A technical or college degree in information technology or computer science focusing on media or communication.·