Airgas Usa LLC Director - Pricing & Profitability in Long Beach, California
Airgas, an Air Liquide company is Now Hiring Director of Pricing, Profitability and Marketing in Long Beach, CA
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is one of the nation's leading single-source suppliers of gases, welding and safety products. We recognize that it's the quality of our people that makes our success possible. Airgas operates in a culture focused on safety, innovation and customer service.
The Director of Pricing, Profitability, and Marketing is responsible for the development, implementation, and measurement of regional pricing strategies, in alignment with Airgas' company-wide strategies and policies. This position will drive accurate and timely results from price actions and lead the region’s product management and marketing activities.
*Essential Duties & Responsibilities: * * Implements best practices in price management, including the development of accurate pricing and costing models. * Provides leadership for all sales channels within the region, ensuring that daily pricing and marketing decisions are aligned with overall strategic direction and profitability goals of the region and company as a whole. * Develops, maintains, and communicates both qualitative and quantitative pricing tools and analytics. * Provides leadership and ownership of pricing goals. * Creates and leads constructive interaction between and across regional, area, and local organizations. * Further develops and implements the region's price strategy - including the management and standardization of retail and price list pricing. * Assists branch and account managers with inventory promotions, new product roll-outs, or other vendor sponsored inventory programs. * Works with inventory control to help reduce Hardgoods Day Supply (HDS), slow-moving or obsolete inventory stock, and inventory reserve expense. * Assists field and inventory control in establishing appropriate inventory levels and set-up for new products from key vendors. * Be the product manager for the region, take ownership of key vendor relations, and ensure that the region is maximizing its hardgoods rebate benefits. * Leads improvements in the regional contract administration process that balance price accuracy with speed-to-market abilities * Collaborates with operations and functional business process teams to understand and define real cost-to-serve, and incorporate costs into pricing decision processes. * Manage department workflow to ensure all targets and deadlines are met. * Respond to field inquiries related to the above functions and other departmental operations.
- Bachelor's degree in a finance or business-related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with emphasis on product management, pricing strategies/analytics, and finance.
- Minimum three years of experience directly leading people.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and juggle between regional, local and corporate management and demands.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency in SAP and Microsoft Excel; Google Kite platform experience is preferred.
- Ability to analyze and disseminate large amounts of data. Exhibits customer-focused behavior such as building positive relationships and strives to understand customer's needs, both internal and external.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to make independent decisions based on investigation and judgment as well as the ability to discern when to escalate issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adjust communication methods based on customer situations.
- Experience integrating new technologies into day-to-day operations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team atmosphere.
- Effectively present information, provides training, and responds to questions from groups in a business setting.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL preferred.
- Effectively coach and mentor in a one-on-one environment.
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes: http://www.airgas.com/company/careers/employee-benefits
/Airgas will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO./ / / /EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability/ /Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability/
Job: *Finance and Accounting
Title: Director - Pricing & Profitability
Location: California-Long Beach-90808
Requisition ID: 29192