Audi Audi Designer Sr - Interior in Los Angeles, California
Audi Designer Sr - Interior (Job Number: AUD001295)
“Vorsprung durch Technik" or, "Progress through Technology" is our company ethos and is the core belief that drives the development of every Audi vehicle. It inspires the innovative solutions, revolutionary engineering and progressive design that have become synonymous with the Audi name. It reminds us to challenge ourselves, rewrite the rules from time to time and always fuel our pioneering spirit; the spirit that sets us apart on the racetrack and the open road. In our relentless pursuit to become the number one premium car brand in America, we need employees who share in this spirit of challenging the status quo in everything we do.
The Interior Designer participates in the realization and planning of design projects, concept cars, technological innovation properties and HMI proof of concept properties. He/she presents ideas to and communicates frequently with the Audi Design Loft director and Top Management of AoA and Audi AG. He/she coordinates activities and schedules with internal disciplines (e.g., CAD and Visualization). This role is responsible for supporting the development of the brand direction and goals in close cooperation with the leadership of the Audi Design Loft.
Creative/Innovation – (70%)
- Develops feasible interior design proposals from sketch into 3D.
- Engages in creative discussions with leadership to define and develop automotive projects (production/concept), incorporating creativity, and market/competition analysis.
- Executes automotive projects based on outcomes of production/concept discussions and leadership direction.
- Produces proposals which influence (Audi) Product and Design decision making, reflecting future trend analysis, market and competition analysis.
- Develops new product ideas for the Audi brand and presents to Audi Design Loft leadership, AoA leadership, and Audi AG leadership.
Project Oversight – (20%)
- Takes a lead role in the life cycle of the design project, from concept through to program presentation or handoff.
- Coordinates activities and schedules with other studio disciplines (e.g. strategy, engineering, design, CAD, visualization and fabrication) to ensure successful project completion within the required timeframe.
Research and Strategy Involvement– (10%)
- Identifies and documents research and inspiration for the Audi Design team.
- Communicates new & relevant design trends to the Audi Design team.
- Utilizes market and competition analysis as a base for new product ideas.
- Ensures the successful application of design strategy into new product ideas.
- 7+ years in the field of industrial design with a minimum of 5 years in an Automotive OE studio - specializing in an interior design role for production and concept vehicles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Automotive or Industrial Design
- Master’s Degree in Automotive or Industrial Design (desired).
- Demonstrated analytical thinking – using logic and reason
- Excellent communication skills – interpersonal, presentation and written
- Demonstrated conceptual thinking – creative and strategic
- Workplace integration – joining people, processes or systems
- Extensive knowledge and experience of OEM automotive engineering and executing pre-development stage of production and advanced concepts from satellite design operations
- Understanding of multiple regional markets, especially the North American and Asian markets
- Ability to comprehend automotive experiential technology and its foray into general consumer electronics and lifestyle industry
- Experience in vehicle packaging, human factors, interface, user-experience, and user behavior aspects in transportation design
- Demonstrated high-level proficiency in all facets of vehicle (interior) design.
- Competent pre-development vehicle concept, packaging, and architecture.
- Extensive knowledge of platform development.
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant (automotive/transportation) technologies and applications.
- Excellent judgment of design proportions and proposals.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Wide interest/knowledge of creative industry (e.g. entertainment, product design, fashion).
- Excellent time management skills.
- Deep understanding of automotive product planning process and global marketing requirements (desired)
- Extensive knowledge of the VW Group brands (desired)
- Knowledge of automotive manufacturing (desired).
- Up to 25% of travel due to extensive contact to VW Group clients in Germany
- Must be willing to travel within short (3-4 days) notice
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles