MPAC Healthcare Licensed Clinical Social Worker - Los Angeles, CA in Los Angeles, California
At MPAC Healthcare, we are on a mission to set a new bar for the quality of care provided to the aging population. We provide comprehensive clinical solutions that position client facilities as the new gold standard in the skilled nursing and long term care industry.
The LCSW’s responsibility is working onsite with geriatric residents and their families, providing initial assessments for evaluation, psychotherapy to the address mental health issues, and ongoing support to assess changes in status, and other emotional, social, physiological needs. The LCSW will participate as an active member of the interdisciplinary team which includes physicians and nurse practitioners. The interdisciplinary team is responsible for a high level of organization is necessary to establish, implement and evaluate the success of the program. The LCSW will also work alongside the facility social service department and nursing staff to facilitate positive relationships between MPAC Healthcare employees and the facility. Must also develop an understanding of the Medicare Benefit and commercial insurance plans to advise residents and their families, and be able to research the answers to questions that may arise. Must be currently licensed as a professional LCSW in the state where services are performed. Master’s degree in Social Work, required. Must be able to perform duties independently.
- Paid time off through vacation, holiday, sick and continuing education
- Full benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, and 401k
- Support from MPAC to ensure our clinicians maintain a healthy work/life balance
- Competitive compensation package
- Work for a fast-growing and fun company that is making a difference in how healthcare is being delivered
- Continuous education and training provided to further your career
Potential for flexible scheduling to accommodate for a work/life balance. Qualifications
- Licensed LCSW in State
- Hospital or health care setting: at least 2 years
- Experience collaborating with physicians, NP, etc. as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Counseling, therapy experience necessary: at least 2 years
- Demonstrated knowledge of Mental Health diagnoses and therapeutic approaches Role Competencies* Acting with Empathy and Compassion: Demonstrates empathy and compassion in difficult or complex situations.
- Attention to Detail: Demonstrates concern for thoroughness and accuracy
- Industry Knowledge: Advanced: Demonstrates advanced knowledge and ability, and can apply the competency in new or complex situations. Guides other professionals.
- Information Gathering and Processing: Processes complex information from various sources
- Problem Solving: Solves standard problems
- Self-Awareness: Understands the effect of own emotions and drives on other people.
- Teamwork: Fosters teamwork
- Self Starter: Entrepreneurial spirit We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.