Grant Thornton LLP Partnership Tax Senior Associate in Orange County, California
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you'll work with a team of professionals, dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
Partnership Tax Senior Associate
Grant Thornton’s responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals in more than 50 offices around the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition tax services.
The Tax Senior Associate works closely with staff on all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients. The Tax Senior Associate is primarily responsible for reviewing complex individual, trust, partnership, not-for-profit, S corporate, C Corporate, and foreign tax returns; developing and supervising staff, preparing more complex tax returns; and assisting in client management and practice development activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Run client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on tax projects and assess performance of staff for engagement reviews; perform in-charge role as needed.
- Review tax returns prepared by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities; gain increasing responsibility in review process.
- Prepare tax returns for more complex individual, trust, partnership, corporate, and foreign tax clients.
- Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
Other job duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Previous tax return review experience.
- Strong tax accounting skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Ability to supervise staff and lead projects.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Fast-Tax software, and CCH.
Preferred Skills and Experience: * CPA preferred. * Two to four years of progressive tax compliance and/or tax consulting experience; experience in public accounting is a plus.
Additional Information: * Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For Los Angeles Applicants only: We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Title: Partnership Tax Senior Associate
Location: CA-Orange County
Requisition ID: 049039
Other Locations: US-Oregon-Portland, US-CA-Los Angeles, US-Washington-Seattle, US-Utah-Salt Lake City, US-Arizona-Phoenix, US-CA-San Diego, US-CA-San Francisco, US-CA-San Jose