Northrop Grumman Mgr Mechanical Engineering 2 - Liaison Engineering Manager in Palmdale, California
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
This position is for a section manager and sub-IPT lead of engineering support for a restricted-access Strike program. As section manager, this role reports to the Vehicle Engineering (VE) Liaison Engineering Department Manager in the Palmdale Aircraft Integration Center of Excellence (PAICoE). As sub-IPT lead, this role reports to a program IPT director.
As section manager, functional tasking, approximately 20% of the section manager's time will be focused on recruiting, staffing, and retaining talent, employee development, ensuring appropriate flow up and down of information, and performance management. Regular staff meetings and one-on-one discussions are expected. This role will include opportunities to support the VE Liaison Engineering Department Manager with department and directorate initiatives as well as NGAS Communities of Practice.
As sub-IPT lead, this role has responsibility, authority and accountability (RAA) for the cost, schedule, and technical execution detailed in the program statement of work (SOW) including cost account management (CAM) responsibilities. The sub-IPT lead will coordinate with technical leads and other sub-IPT leads to support program success across the enterprise. With support from a deputy sub-IPT lead and a program integrator, the sub-IPT lead oversees a growing team of engineers and technicians across multiple sites. The ideal candidate has knowledge of several aspects of military aircraft components, design, manufacturing and support with experience in multiple phases of the acquisition lifecycle.
• Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 9 years of engineering experience
• Experience with Cost Account Management (CAM) responsibilities and an Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
• Current active in-scope DOD Secret with the ability to obtain special program access
• Demonstrated ability to successfully oversee and execute contractual SOW
• Experience with Northrop Grumman common processes for Cost Account Management (CAM) and an Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
• Experience with, and coordination of, liaison engineering activities
• Experience with interactive electronic technical manual (IETM) usage and development/modification processes
• Experience with Root Cause Correction Action, Failure Investigation and Review, and/or Risk Management
• Experience working with Engineering Change processes
• Knowledge of hardware or software development, qualification and testing activities
• Master's degree in mechanical, aerospace, chemical/materials science, computer or systems engineering
• Experience working in Special Access Programs
• Current active in-scope DOD Top Secret with the ability to obtain special program access
• Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively interact with the customer and program management
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Category : Engineering