Northrop Grumman RCS Models/Test Articles Mechanical Technician 2 in Palmdale, California
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a RCS Models/Test Articles Mechanical Technician 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The RCS Models/Test Articles Mechanical Technician 2 will:
· Collaborate directly with engineering to construct complex models and test articles to exacting tolerances per the Requesting Engineers direction.
· Build full and sub-scale RCS models/test articles to support Low Observable system development and design verification of stealth technologies.
· Provide specialized parts and hardware to facilitate test and evaluation of prototype articles.
· Responsible for quality and integrity of fabricated components associated with technology development, test and verification.
· Support test execution requirements associated with the models. Travel to various test site locations and support the Responsible Engineers testing efforts.
· Communication with supporting organizations and individuals is routine.
High School Diploma/GED and minimum 5 years of experience with composite fabrication, Low Observable material and paint application.
Must have active DoD Secret Clearance, Investigation within 5 years.
Extensive knowledge in specialized functions related to the building and testing of models.
Have working knowledge in the fabrication of wood, metal, and composites.
Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, specifications and blueprints.
Working knowledge of CNC router table operations.
Mastercam program experience.
Active DoD Secret Clearance, Investigation within 5 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
Job Category : Technical Support