Salesforce.com, Inc Solution Engineer, OEM/Embedded Analytics (Tableau) in Palo Alto, California
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Who we are...
Tableau is as much a philosophy as an amazing suite of tools. We enable people to transform data into something visual and understandable, empowering them to make important decisions based on those insights. If you are passionate about technology, but also care deeply about doing something meaningful, Tableau is the place for you. Our products have been key in helping organizations with data to address not just the immediate crises, but also the longstanding inequities behind them, including Climate Action, Equity, Global Health & Poverty.
What you’ll be doing…
The Solution Engineer has a specialized focus on and skills with deep technical proof points, including business intelligence, application programming interface (API), authentication and data security. This Solution Engineer is the key technical point of contact for embedded deals at Tableau specializing in complex application and systems integration. You will communicate the features, capabilities and benefits of Tableau to developers, application owners, product managers and software vendor community. You will act as the Embedded SME for customers and independent software vendors with questions regarding Tableau’s integration capabilities. You will regularly interact with product teams and present technically focused demonstrations to them. Work on special projects and research new technologies, tools and methodologies as they emerge that may be applicable. The Solution Engineer provides presales support contributing towards the successful conversion of prospects to customers and engages customers to nurture repeat purchases.
Some of the things you will be doing include…
· Work with development staff to articulate the value of Tableau’s products and solutions in an embedded analytics environment
· Work with prospect’s data to deliver world-class embedded product demonstrations
· Provide strategic presales support for sales activities including needs analysis, data review, product demonstrations and other general sales support
· Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of Tableau’s products and APIs
· Drive all aspects of successful proof of concepts from requirements and design to delivery
· Communicate via phone, email, face-to-face and virtual meetings with prospects assisting and guiding them through the evaluation and selection process
· Communicate daily with sales staff regarding sales activities and strategies
· Educate and train the sales force in the features and use of Tableau, APIs and embedding
· Provide proactive support to customers and prospects
· Be the customer advocate and liaison for product management and development
· Support all strategic deals involving complex application and systems integration
· Provide embedding/API support and skills on strategic proof of concepts
· Backup the technical support staff as needed
· Other related duties as assigned
Who you are…
· Amazing Salesperson . You have a desire, even an obsession, to bring new customers into the Tableau community and maximize revenue. You are a closer.
· Technical Rock Star. When you work with a piece of software, you want to know how far it can go. Once you reach that limit, you want to know how much farther you can push it. You enjoy being more technically savvy than a polished sales guy. You have roots in computer science, with a deep understanding of the power of business intelligence, databases, data analysis tools and most importantly solutions building.
· Tinkerer. You are genuinely interested in tinkering with and learning new technology and what it has under the covers, with a special leaning towards software.
· Developer-centric. You enjoy working with other developers, heads of engineering, product development, product management, CTOs, CIOs and other technical audiences.
· Domain. Proven experience succeeding in the sale of software to business users in all industries. Proven experience with supporting enterprise and departmental sales. Experience with programming, web development and ETL tools (Informatica, Data Integrator, Data Transformation Services, etc.) a strong plus.
· Conviction and Commitment . You have an unshakable belief that Tableau’s products will improve the world – one person at a time. Once you get it, you go all the way.
· Go-Getter . Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
· Entrepreneurial . Knowing how to build and grow a business from scratch is essential.
· Energy and Creativity . Energy and enthusiasm are your hallmarks. You think out-of-the-box and wow people with your interesting angles and quality work. You love the creative process – whether it’s selling a new customer or recruiting a great salesperson.
· A True Team Player. You are a leader and you know that to get the best results, you also have to be a great team player.
· Experienced. 5 or more years’ experience as a Solution Engineer. 3 or more years’ experience with Business Intelligence.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. at http://cloud.mail.salesforce.com/accommodations-request-form
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com at http://salesforce.com/ and Salesforce.org at http://salesforce.org/ are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com at http://salesforce.com/ and Salesforce.org at http://salesforce.org/ do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com at http://salesforce.com/ and Salesforce.org at http://salesforce.org/ will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com at http://salesfore.com/ or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” eleven years in a row, and named “Innovator of the Decade” and one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.