Ross Stores, Inc. Sr. Store Protection Specialist (Sr. SPS) in Pittsburg, California
The Senior Store Protection Specialist works in partnership with the Area Loss Prevention Manager (ALPM) and store leadership team to ensure compliance of all Loss Prevention directives by embracing company values and the Loss Prevention 4 Key Objectives. May support multiple store locations.
Mitigating Theft & Fraud
- Monitors entrances/exits and sales floor for potential theft by identifying suspicious behaviors and activity
- Gathers theft indicators and use internal and external intelligence to positively impact shortage trends
- Partners with store leadership to monitor in store and corporate level reports to identify possible internal theft activity and report findings to the ALPM.
- Maintains store awareness of the shortage highway and works with store leadership to develop effective action plans to root cause on-going issues
- Assists ALPM with internal and external investigations by monitoring and analyzing corporate level reports to problem solve issues
- Ensures all Loss Prevention equipment is functioning properly and troubleshoot CCTV and testing of EAS pedestals
- May be responsible for conducting apprehensions with prior approval and proper certification
Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
- Provide a visible presence at store entrances/exits and on sales floor in a company issued vest/uniform monitoring for potential safety issues
- Provide assistance to store leadership to maintain a safe and secure environment for associates and customers.
Minimizing Operational Shortage
- Increases associate awareness around effective processes to minimize operational shortage by training and educating around shortage reduction initiatives
- Observes and provides feedback on operational processes to support shortage awareness
- Review Monthly Safety Inspection Checklists for accuracy and completion and present findings to store leadership and ALPM
- Alert management to safety hazards (i.e. blocked emergency exits, blocked electrical panels, etc.) and potential safety risks; may be required to stand guard when serious hazards occur (i.e. spills, broken glass, unsafe fixtures, etc.
Developing Great Teams & Partnerships
- Assists store leadership team with the training of the SPS team to create a strong shortage culture
- Provide excellent customer service by greeting customers and answering questions
- Regular partnership and collaboration with store leadership and triad partners. May include, but not limited to, conference calls, meetings, store visits, etc.
- Other duties as assigned to support company Loss Prevention initiatives.
- Manages Work Processes
- Business Acumen
- Plans, Aligns & Prioritizes
- Builds Talent
- Leading by Example
- Communicates Effectively
- Ensures Accountability & Execution
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or equivalent education
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain working relationships with associates at all levels of the organization
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem solve with the proper sense of urgency
- Must be able to comply with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations for security positions, including but not limited to, additional background screening, physical examination, fingerprinting and/or drug and alcohol testing
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS PREFFERED:
- Four year degree or equivalent education
- Retail experience or similar training
- Loss prevention or security work experience or training in a retail setting
- Possession of current and valid security guard registration card
- Successful completion of Apprehension Certified Mobile training, as applicable
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time (up to 8 hours per day)
Must be able to reach, raise and lower objects weighing up to 25 lbs. above shoulders from one level to another
Must be able to regularly twist, bend, stoop, kneel, and crouch; Frequency and duration will vary based on business needs
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.