Cross Ocean Technologies Azure Platform Engineer in Pleasanton, California
Azure Platform engineer
• Experience with Microsoft Azure
• Design and Develop Platform as a Service (PaaS) Solutions using different Azure Services.
• Hadoop Administration experience
• Experience Designing and deploying Azure HDInsight and Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
• Experience in resolving Issues with Azure Resource issues and troubleshooting Azure HDInsight
• Experience in resolving Issues related to Admin, Ambari configurations, connectivity etc.
• Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
• Design and Develop jobs using Jenkins.
• Broad knowledge of Hadoop components and their configurations- HDFS, Hive, Ranger, Kafka, Impala, Spark, etc...
• Experience in Creation & Configuration of Azure Resources & RBAC
• Strong experience with Groovy, Python & Shell scripting (or PowerShell scripting) is required
• Must have an ability to communicate clearly and be a team player
• Development and documentation of mechanisms for deployment, monitoring and maintenance
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
• Minimum (4) years in a directly related field
• Strong Hands on Linux experience
• Minimum (3) Experience with Microsoft Azure
• Strong knowledge of at least one scripting language
• Strong understanding of operating systems & networking concepts
• Good understanding of storage, load balancers, virtualization, web, database and messaging services with the ability to dive deep into any of these areas when necessary
Cross Ocean Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental or physical), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion or creed, sex, sexual orientation, or any other factor that is not related to the job.