Oracle DevOps and Cloud Support Engineer, Oracle Analytics Cloud in Pleasanton, California
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
This is a remote/office based position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Who are we?
The Service Excellence team at Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) is on the verge of transforming the development paradigms at the 42 year old software giant. With the world moving towards the Cloud, Oracle is at the forefront with tremendous portfolio of Cloud offerings.
However, this transformation happens not just at the product level, but also the process of developing, deploying, and operating these products in the Cloud. Using a combination of cutting edge technologies, continuous process improvements and innovative business transformation methodologies, a small group of us are blazing the trail on the Service Excellence philosophy.
Who are we looking for?
The candidate will work with the skilled, highly motivated Oracle Analytics Service Excellence (OASE) team who embrace an agile work style. You will work alongside a software development team within the greater OAC organization where you will support existing features in the cloud as well as develop new operational processes and content. You will play a key role in building more intelligence into the OAC services, so the service functions more and more autonomously over time.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Support the operation of OAC on OCI Gen 2 using Cloud DevOps methodologies including:
• Incident management: analyze T2 metrics, and alarms, alongside Lumberjack logs. Troubleshoot, repair, and document infrastructure and service issues.
• Start / stop / upgrade cloud infrastructure and services using OCI Gen 2 tools.
• Participate in a follow-the-sun model for 24x7 support of OAC services.
• Manage and continuously improve existing OASE cloud capabilities and tools, with a focus on OCI Gen 2 tools, process, and configuration.
• Use your OCI knowledge to improve our Everything-As-Code methodologies.
• Perform daily tasks in accordance with OCI Gen 2 process, compliance and regulatory standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
The candidate must have knowledge and experience with:
• Experience with OCI Gen 2 cloud: Configuration, operations, tools, and process.
• Providing OCI Gen 2 cloud networking, infrastructure, and service support.
• Methodical approaches to troubleshooting and solving complex technical problems
• Issue tracking and collaboration (Jira and Confluence).
• Producing documentation in support of developed work (KBs, run books, help guides).
• Linux/Unix system administration including system level knowledge of Linux on OCI Gen 2, creating and executing scripts.
• Networking, and TCP/IP fundamentals.
• Utilizing agile methodologies.
• Communicating effectively in a team environment.
• Working with remote, global teams as well as individuals.
• Working independently and in a self-directed manner.
An ideal candidate will have the follow skillsets:
• 5 year experience of running large scale customer facing web services.
• Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) as well as AWS, Azure, or GCP compute, storage, and network operational experience.
• Understand internet networking services, such as DNS, HTTP, etc.
• Programming and scripting languages (Python, bash, Java Script - additional experience with PHP, Groovy, Java, and/or Go is a plus).
• Using Ci/CD scripting tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
• Containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, and docker-compose).
• Oracle database, MySQL (experience with MS SQL and/or NoSQL is a plus).
OASE owns many critical systems globally requiring 24x7 support. Team members will rotate in a designated, on-call status following in-country requirements. OASE’s primary support model is follow the sun, utilizing geographically diverse team members during normal working hours to provide support. OASE engineers will strive to have subject matter experts distributed globally. With geographic diversity, countries and regions have a broader array of holidays requiring a flexible support schedule across multiple geographies. Additionally, coverage is required through the weekend. In general, there will be a Primary and Secondary engineer designated in advance to provide coverage for select services. If numerous services are supported in a specific geographic region, there may be more than one set of Primary/Secondary engineers selected. Software engineers will engage in activities to restore services that are down or degraded. This may be as simple as running an existing script to restart a service or executing a standard operating procedure, or may require code changes with review steps, integration, testing, and software deployments to restore a service to normal operation. In addition, engagement with other Oracle development and support teams may be needed.
Job: *Product Development
Title: *DevOps and Cloud Support Engineer, Oracle Analytics Cloud *
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 210007VL