Aerotek Accounting Clerk in San Diego, California
This is an Accounting Clerk, do not need an "Accounting heavyweight"; need to have done AR/AP, understand the GL. The other part of the job is helping with the audits within the trust, looking things up, verifying certain things have been set up correctly, documentation is in place, there is an admin component to it
They basically have a pool of clients that are in a trust, so smaller companies (often small biotech companies) who are grouped together and treated as 1 entity, so they get a better insurance rate. And there is Accounting that takes place between what they get billed, what gets credited to the accounts, etc. They will be balancing the bank account for the trust. So this person will be inputting invoices into the system for invoices to be paid, if management needs a report they need to pull that from the system.
Need to have done invoicing, coding to the GL,
accounting, invoicing, general ledger, accounts receivable/payable, accounts receivable, accounts payable
Top Skills Details:
accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, excel, general ledger
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Successful candidate will be a service oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style. This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace and managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
• Successful work history to include 5+ years experience in a professional office setting directly related to job responsibilities specified above is required. Additional basic bookkeeping experience a plus.
• High School level math skills (i.e., arithmetic, percentages and currency), and professional written and verbal communication skills required.
• Proficiency with 10-key, Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel and Outlook) with the ability to operate standard office equipment is required. Knowledge of Great Plains and Terrace accounting software a plus.
• Must be very detail oriented and organized, and have demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
• Demonstrated ability to adhere to schedules and deadlines, prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to resolve problems and present results neatly, with clarity and precision in oral and written form.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Ability to use computer keyboard and 10-key, and sit in a stationary position for extended periods.
• Work is performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• Extended work hours (10 – 12 hrs/day) required on occasion.
Need good Excel, formulas - no v-lookups, pivot tables would be nice
About Aston Carter:
Aston Carter is a distinguished global provider of recruitment and staffing services to companies requiring highly specialized business professionals. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aston Carter has an unrivaled commitment to delivering first class service to clients and business professionals across a variety of disciplines, including Accounting and Finance as well as Governance, Risk and Compliance. With more than 60 offices across Europe, Asia Pacific and North America, Aston Carter provides local, regional and global expertise to drive value and meet our customers' unique needs. Aston Carter is a division of Aerotek. Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, a global talent solutions provider.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.