Aerotek Coax Cable Splicer in San Diego, California
The Coax Splicer is responsible for performing tasks associated with the aerial and underground electronic upgrade and splicing of coaxial cable for cable television systems.
• Read and interpret work orders, specifications, engineering drawings and/or cut sheets to determine work to be done in sequence of task.
• Repair or splice in new line as needed to complete the testing and certification of the project.
• Place and install required coax cable when necessary to compete assignment(s).
• Install all passive and active devices, pedestals, and vaults and coax splice cases required to house CATV equipment per customer requirements.
• Test Coax-RF lines for valanced signal between points-continuity and fault.
• Read and understand site plans, maps, diagrams, designs, and prints needed to support project(s).
• Pull Coax through existing duct package, pull cable through conduit either manually, blowing, or mechanically, and splice and activate underground and aerial lines.
• Optimize new Nodes and splice in node splits to reduce capacity
• Utilize RF Meters and TDR accurately
• Ability to safely utilize bucket trucks or climb utility poles to place cables on poles per system design.
• Close a project by completing production sheets, verifying proper levels after activation, and adjust and troubleshoot as necessary.
• Ensure that all work considers the safety of the customer and general public and compliance with all governmental orders
• Ensure proper safety techniques and incident reporting procedures are followed
• Other duties as required.
Cabling, Telecommunication, Splicing, Splicer, Troubleshooting, Construction, Install, otdr, bucket truck, terminate, schematics, coax cable, coax, coaxial cable, rf meters, CATV, voltmeter, ohmmeter, pull wire, pulling cable, underground utilities
Top Skills Details:
1 Five or more years MSO/CATV experience required.
2 Demonstrated proficiency in new build, coax and pole transfers required.
3 Utilize RF Meters and TDR accurately, signal level meter, volt-ohm meter, AC clamp meter television test set, spectrum analyzer basic time domain reflectometer, system maps sweep gear.
4 must have a driver's license and HS Diploma or GED
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Five or more years’ experience as an aerial lineman preferred.
• Five or more years MSO/CATV experience required.
• Demonstrated proficiency in new build, coax and pole transfers required.
• Knowledge of building strand, lashing, pole transfers and grounding required.
• Understanding of and ability to use: signal level meter, volt-ohm meter, AC clamp meter television test set, spectrum analyzer basic time domain reflectometer, system maps sweep gear.
• Ability to drive for results completing assignments timely and accurately.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Ability to handle multiple priorities with a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills.
• Comfortable working with a team or alone.
• Must be willing to submit to screening
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.