Aerotek Drywall Technician in San Diego, California
Hiring for several Drywall Technicians out at Camp Pendleton in Oceanside, CA.
Project is on Marine Base - Camp Pendleton which requires candidates to obtain a DBIDs.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSBILITES AND DUTIES:
• Prepare unfinished interior drywall panels for painting by taping and finishing joints and imperfections
• Apply drywall compound, nail/screw indentations on the surface of panels
• Remove extra compound after surfaces have been covered sufficiently
• Press paper tape over joints to embed tape into sealing compound and to seal joints
• Spread sealing compound between boards or panels or over cracks, holes, nail heads, or screw heads, using trowels, broad knives, or spatulas
• Seal joints between plasterboard or other wallboard to prepare wall surfaces for painting or papering
• Sand or patch nicks or cracks in plasterboard or wallboard
• Use mechanical applicators that spread compounds and embed tape in one operation
• Apply additional coats to fill in holes and make surfaces smooth
• Install metal molding at wall corners to secure wallboard
• Capable of providing detailed, uniform results
• May supervise small crews
• Complete other responsibilities as assigned
SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to learn new skills with attention to detail
• Lift and/or pull 50lbs., climb ladders, work off ladders, man lifts or other equipment
• Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of time, fully squat, bend or kneel while wearing a tool belt
• Capable of working in a variety of weather conditions
Construction, General Construction, Carpentry Tools, drywall hanging, drywall, Restoration, Finish, frame, drywall technician
Top Skills Details:
Able to Install dry wall, frame, and finish.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
3+ years as a Drywall Technician.
Please apply and call 858-609-2019
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.