Black River Systems Co., Inc. Lead Software Engineer in San Diego, California
Black River Systems Company, a small, established, research-oriented engineering firm headquartered in Utica, NY, is looking for a Software Engineer in our Del Mar, CA office. The candidate should have a strong background in software and algorithm development. A successful candidate will work on projects in one or more engineering functions, such as research, design, development, testing and evaluation. Technical areas include but are not limited to software development for high performance computers, modeling and simulation of sensor systems, algorithm and software tool development, and visualization of data. This position will require involvement in full lifecycle software development including design, algorithm modification and implementation, delivery, and documentation. The candidate is required to be able to work both independently and collaboratively in a project team.
• B.S. in software or computer engineering, computer science, mathematics, or related field; M.S. degree is a plus
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development
• Applied knowledge in object-oriented design, Java, Python, C, C++ and multi-threaded programming is desirable
• Experience with enterprise system design (Hadoop-based ecosystem technologies)
• Experience with large-scale distributed computing concepts
• Competence in Linux
• Communication, documentation, and collaborative/teamwork skills are a necessity
• Applied knowledge in Docker and Containerization
• Self-motivated with a desire to learn new technology
• Project management experience is preferred
• US citizenship - must have or be eligible for a Department of Defense security clearance
Black River Systems is an employee owned company committed to advancing our employees’ quality of life on the job. We offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. We are looking for an exceptional employee with strong technical skills and a personality suited to the small business environment. If you feel you qualify, please send your resume to:
Black River Systems Co., Inc.
162 Genesee Street; Utica, NY 13502; (315)732-7385
Or you may email firstname.lastname@example.org
Black River Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.