TEKsystems Network Engineer in San Diego, California
Local DoD client is actively looking for an experienced Network Engineer to join their team in San Diego. This individual will serve on a team of technical Engineers in support of multiple government programs. Candidates will be involved in the planning, design, development, implementation, and technical support of multi-platform, multi-system networks that includes requirements analysis; trade-off studies; and optimizing network/system performance.
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication, presentation, and writing skills. They will have a proven track record of being a problem solver and team player who is capable of working in a technically challenging environment.
All Candidates must have a Bachelors Degree preferably in Engineering, It or Mathematics. .
* US citizen with at minimum a Secret clearance; Top Secret preferred; TS/SCI would be best.
* CCNP Certification
* Experience with Navy/ DoD Networks and processes
* Standard Networking protocols
* Experiment with LISP is a huge plus
* Experience with VMWare a huge plus
* Experience leading/ mentoring Mid and Jr. Network Engineers is a plus
* Ability to install and configure physical components for virtual environment; Switches (VLAN), VM Servers, Virtual Storage Systems
* Establishing and diagnosing WAN connections with DISA
* Installation, configuration and maintenance of a DoD network
* Supporting large scale network instantiations through vendor product evaluation and cost versus performance studies
Applying STIGs to a network configuration and participated in validation using RMF to obtain an ATO for classified network
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.