Sleep Data Respiratory Therapist II (01212020) in San Diego, California
Respiratory Therapist II (01212020)
San Diego, CA
Are you a licensed Respiratory Therapist that enjoys educating patients while helping them to improve their health? Are you driven to succeed, and enjoy being recognized for your success? Wouldn’t you love to be a part a team where management is focused on nurturing a strong culture? If so, come join us at Sleep Data.
Sleep Data is a professional medical service and supply company focused on sleep & sleep therapy. Our focus is on diagnosis of sleep apnea through home sleep study and treatment through the use of CPAP therapy or oral appliance therapy.
The Respiratory Therapist sets up and demonstrates required medical and testing equipment to patients. Responsible for delivering respiratory and other equipment and providing service to a patient in their home or other medical facilities as needed. The Respiratory Therapist also provides patient support as needed. This includes but is not limited to coaching, education, information and Respiratory Assessments on all patients in an office, home or medical environment, utilizing both face to face encounters and telephone communications. The expectation of this position is to provide a first class patient experience, with every patient interaction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Meets one on one with patients or in small groups to explain and demonstrate equipment set ups, mask refits and troubleshoots issues regarding patient’s therapy and adherence to therapy (at least 50% of work time is spent in this capacity)
• Provides consistently excellent customer service and patient coaching to improve adherence to therapies, encourage resupply orders and to promote Sleep Data as a world class health care organization
• Provides general information and education to patients regarding Sleep Apnea, CPAP, Sleep Data’s products and services, and other issues related to their care
• Responsible for reading patient history and notes, and ensures patients are followed throughout their services with Sleep Data
• Makes patient notes in files and Brightree system as required by company policy and current health care standards
• Acts as an expert resource (identify problems and provide solutions, implementing procedures, as needed) for all respiratory and other HME equipment (indications, operation, maintenance, etc.) currently supplied by the company, as appropriate, for both patients and staff
• Serves as an advocate for the patient and acts as a liaison with other members of the healthcare team, as required
• Contacts physician and/or necessary healthcare team member regarding orders, complications, and recommendations
• Instructs patients, caregivers, physicians and physician’s staff on the proper use of respiratory equipment, necessary cleaning requirements and home safety issues during initial set-up and at any additional follow-up calls
• Calls patients to discuss issues regarding their equipment set up and continued therapy calls.
• Ensures all area related price quotes given to customers/patients are appropriate and meet current company pricing policy. Explains co-pays and insurance coverage to patients as necessary
• Assists with walk in and overflow patients
• Performs home sleep and oximetry tests, when required
• Accurately enters and creates patient orders in the Brightree computer system
• Cleans, checks and maintains medical equipment
• Follows Policies and Procedures for the receiving, bagging and tagging, cleaning, disinfecting, downloading of data and testing of equipment
• Deliver/pick-up equipment and/or supplies to patient homes or facilities as necessary
• Takes calls per On-Call schedule, including answering any message within 30 minutes
• Responds physically to after hour’s service requests within the assigned service area within 2 hours
• Occasional travel to and working in the North County office may be required
• Responsible for keeping all patient charts and information orderly, confidential, current and HIPAA compliant at all times
• Promotes Sleep Data’s products and/or services to patients, healthcare organizations, businesses and general public
• Must be knowledgeable with Patient Rights and Responsibilities
• Work mandatory overtime as scheduled
• Other duties as assigned
• RPSGT(meeting the California Medical Board Licensing requirements), RRT, CRT or eligible and meeting the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) and state licensing requirements (RCP) or RN, or LVN
• Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
• Must be detail oriented, organized and neat in person and habits
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to interface with patients in a polite and professional manner, as well as all levels of the organization from employees to top-level management
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and the general public
• Bilingual/Spanish skills are preferred, but not required for this position
• Must be able to work overtime as scheduled
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Must obtain the required number of continuing education credits to maintain credentials as required by license
• Must also attend related in-services offered by the Company
• Must be knowledgeable in equipment usage and maintenance
• Must be knowledgeable in Infection Control and maintain Universal Precautions when applicable.
• Must be knowledgeable in-Patient Rights and Responsibilities, including HIPPA regulations
• Must be knowledgeable in patient’s Plan of Care and Follow-up
• Intermediate MS Office computer skills required
Sleep Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 4I CFR 60-I.35(C)