Scripps Health Sr. Information Systems Auditor in San Diego, California
At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So, if you’re open to change, go ahead, and unlock your potential.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Systems Audits, (who reports to the Director of Internal Audit), the Senior Information Systems Auditor plans and conducts Information Technology (IT) and integrated audit projects based on risk assessments of Scripps Health information resources. Supports the goals and objectives of the Audit & Compliance Services Department Annual work plan and Information Security Program approved by senior management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Trustees.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead team reviews and oversee activities or other auditors.
- Conduct audits and reviews of the processes and safeguards in place to protect the organization's information system resources and their data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Assignments include but are not limited to reviews of new implementation projects and installed clinical and business application system controls and IT general controls for key infrastructure components.
- Determine the extent of compliance with established Scripps Health policies, procedures, and technology standards.
- Report risk-based observations and audit findings, develops practical mitigation recommendations with agreed-upon correction action plans for remediation of internal control gaps and deficiencies, reducing costs, and or improving operational efficiency and effectiveness.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Ability to evaluate and audit complex information systems and related information security safeguards
- Technical knowledge of information security concepts, information technology internal controls and safeguards, system vulnerabilities, and applicable rules and regulations
- Understand key clinical information systems and processes in a healthcare delivery environment
- Knowledge of the professional auditing standards (Institute of Internal Auditing), as well as internal and information security control frameworks and principles
- Effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- High level of personal accountability for accuracy, attention to detail, task prioritization, and timely completion
- Ability to work independently under changing priorities due to investigations; important deadlines; and rapid response to security incidents
This is a Full Time, Salaried position located at our Corporate Offices in La Jolla and offers Scripps Health’s award-winning benefit package
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- 3 years of auditing complex IS systems
- Ability to evaluate and audit complex information systems and related information security safeguards.
- Technical knowledge of information security concepts, information technology internal controls and safeguards, technologies, system vulnerabilities, and applicable rules and regulations.
- Understanding of key clinical information systems and processes in an integrated healthcare delivery environment.
- Knowledge of the professional auditing standards (Institute of Internal Auditors Professional Practice of Internal Auditing), as well as internal and information security control frameworks and principles.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- High level of personal accountability for accuracy, attention to detail, task prioritization, and timely completion.
- Ability to work independently under conditions of changing priorities due to investigations and special requests; important deadlines; and rapid response to security incidents.
- Strong technical skills and ability to learn and deploy computer-assisted audit techniques (CAAT) through ACL audit software and other tools.
- At least one of the following active certifications at time of hire: o CISA, CRISC, CISSP or CISM. Must possess valid CA
- Drivers license and be able to independently travel to all business units and local workshops and seminars.
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certification:
- Master's degree
- Preferred: CIA, PMP or other relevant IT risk and security certification.
Organization: *Scripps Health Corp
Title: Sr. Information Systems Auditor
Location: Central San Diego County-SAN DIEGO-SCRIPPS CORPORATE OFFICES
Requisition ID: 1048960