Cisco AppD Senior Product Security Engineer in San Francisco, California
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver perfect customer experiences at scale.
AppD InfoSec is seeking a hardworking, enthusiastic Security professional to join us in securing our Business Observability Platform. If building secure SaaS products are your passion, we want to talk to you!
- Work with Engineering teams to ensure AppDynamics is developed to meet high security standards
- Design and validate Security methodologies into all operational aspects of AppDynamics’ software and platforms
- Collaborate with Engineering, Technical Operations, and Program Management to ensure Security requirements are well understood
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science (or equivalent) with 7 or more years of detailed information security work experience
- Proficient with OWASP Top 10 / SANS 25 and application security frameworks
- Highly acquainted working with the broad array of cloud providers and their services; including AWS, Azure, EC2, EKS/AKS, S3 storage, IAM, Lambda functions, RDS, KMS, KeyVault, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, or CloudTrail
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to enable fellow staff through training, communication, mentorship, and leading by example
- Experience chipping in to open and/or closed source projects, their related tools and monitoring, including Git, Kubernetes, Jenkins, TeamCity, Sensu, Nagios, Splunk, ELK, and AppDynamics
- Familiar working with Atlassian tools in an Agile environment, or using Scrum methodologies
- Experience with the full software or systems development life cycle, including analyzing requirements, design, developing, integration, testing, and implementation
- Knowledge of commercial and Federal security frameworks such as FedRAMP/NIST 800-53/ISO 27000/PCI and applying them to Cloud architectures
Primary Located in San Francisco, or remote within the continental United States
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like: * Medical, dental, vision coverage * 401k match (4.5%) * Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance) * 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday) * Required company shut down between Christmas and New Years * Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks * Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station * Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a Note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics follows all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.