University of San Francisco Patrol Reserve Officer in San Francisco, California
A Non-sworn Part Time Public Safety Officer follows a leadership model that practices values based and community policing principles when responding to the needs of the community. In following this model a Part Time Public Safety Officer practices leadership that is collaborative, creative, adaptive, based on influence, is multi-directional, and non-coercive. A Part time Public Safety Officer provides services with the understanding that leaders, followers, and participants develop a common purpose to achieve mutual goals.
As part of the larger staff in Student Life, Public Safety employees collaborate and cooperate across divisions and departments to create a supportive University community which encourages student learning and development in the Jesuit Catholic tradition. The mission of Student Life is to fully support holistic student development within a social justice framework centered in preparing students to be caring, socially responsible citizens in our global and local community.
Full Job Description:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continuous patrol of the Universities campus.
- Respond to all campus emergencies, medical and criminal
- Enforce all University rules and regulations
- Enforce California Penal Code on campus
- Enforce California Vehicle Code on campus
- Provide security to campus events
- Problem solve with community regarding crime prevention and emergency preparedness
- Identify, evaluate, report, and resolve physical security breaches on campus
- Prepare written reports of unusual circumstances and crimes occurring on campus
- Create positive, collaborative, and professional relationships with the university community
- Work collaboratively with SFPD when requested to assist with university related incidents and criminal behavior in neighborhoods adjacent to the university
**Education__ High School Diploma or GED; AA/AS or BA/BS preferred.
**Training__ Successful completion of a Basic POST academy prior to appointment. Academy completion date must be within three years of application date. Current Consumer Affairs “Guard Registration,” “Straight Baton Certification,” and successful completion of firearm training by date of appointment.
**Visual Acuity__ Uncorrected vision of 20/30 in both eyes or corrected vision of 20/20. Normal depth perception and color vision in both eyes.
**Strength and Agility__ Possess sufficient strength and agility necessary to perform the duties of a Public Safety Officer (including running, jumping, climbing obstacles and stairs, carrying heavy objects, etc.)
**License__ Possess and maintain valid California Driver’s License with a good driving record.
Psychological Exam Pass a written and oral psychological evaluation prior to appointment.
The selection process will consist of four parts:
Part I: Application screening
Part II: Interview to evaluate candidate’s education, training, experience and personal fitness for the position.
Part III: Candidates who successfully pass Parts I and II will be invited to an interview with the Executive Director of Public Safety and, upon his discretion, be forwarded to Part IV.
Part IV: Candidates who are forwarded to this stage will proceed to a screening process which may consist of the following:Review of DMV driving record;Review of work history through previous employers;Review of character referencesReview of credit and financial historyReview of Criminal Conviction record.Psychological Screening; and
Candidates who successfully complete all phases may be hired to fill vacancies as they arise. The probationary period for new hires is one year.
- Posted 11 Days Ago
- Part time
Job Title: Patrol Reserve Officer
Full-Time/Part-Time: Part time
Pay Rate: Hourly