University of San Francisco Psychology TA - Cheung in San Francisco, California
Dr. Cheung in the department of psychology is searching for a qualified teaching assistant to join her to remotely deliver two sections of Child Development in Spring 2021. The ideal candidate is not only versed in the course contents of Child Development, but also committed to a high level of professionalism. The teaching assistant will support the professor in the execution of lesson plans and keep records, support students and provide individual attention via electronic communications, and cultivate a positive and organized learning atmosphere by following and upholding university rules and standards.
Full Job Description:
- Assist the professor in organizing the learning environment; editing and maintaining instruction and test materials
- Provide initial feedback to assignments and offer guidance for student final paper project
- Observe student performance, contribute to reports, and maintain records as required
- Verify and track student progress; contact students where necessary and manage their progress
- Meet weekly with the professor, and use all communication channels effectively to support the smooth running of the Child Development course
Skills and Qualifications
- Mastery of Child Development course material
- Proven experience working with students/customers/clients
- Effective communication skills with students, professors and staff
- Time management skills and an ability to focus
- Professional and mature work attitudes
- Experience as a tutor, teaching assistant, research assistant or intern in a professional setting
- Appropriate balance of independence and a willingness to ask for guidance
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to changes in a dynamic environment
The pay rate is $16.07 per hour for undergraduates and $17.07 per hour for graduate students.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume by January 22nd*, 2021*. You are welcome to use the WorkDay system to submit your materials but please also email a copy to Dr. Cheung at email@example.com. Should you be selected for an interview, you will be asked to provide two references (one of whom must be a supervisor from a recent job).
- Posted 2 Days Ago
- Part time
Job Title: Psychology TA - Cheung
Full-Time/Part-Time: Part time
Pay Rate: Hourly