Cisco Business Operations Manager, CPS Transformation 1316697 in San Jose, California
The Business Entity
Customer and Partner Services (CPS) is part of the Operations organization at Cisco. This organization is responsible for running Cisco's Quote to Cash operations and support for Customers and Partners. We are also responsible for the Sales Crediting and Compensation for Sales and Partners.
The CPS Transformation Organization is at the forefront of Cisco’s digital transformation to new business models. Seller, Partner and Commerce Experience (SPACE) leads this transformation and evolution of Plan to Sell processes, policies & capabilities across all offers, buying models, route to markets and selling motions.
If you are one of those individuals who thrives in managing a large portfolio of projects across multiple functions, to deliver value to stakeholders, then this could be a fit for you.
What You Will Do
- You will play a key role of accelerating Cisco's transformation to Software and Recurring Revenue by transforming key areas like Commercial Process Standardization, Commercial Integration, Improving New Biz Model scale, Smart Licensing, and Entitlement across all business models of Software and Recurring Revenue.
- You will be accountable for Optimal Commerce Process (Quote to Cash- Opportunity, Invoicing, Licensing, Provisioning, Contract Management, Sales Compensation, and Deal Management processes)
- Perform Business Impact Analysis and Operational Assessments across operation areas for internal and Customers/Partner - for large and complex data sets
- Work with external stakeholders to define overall program requirements within the product scope, budget, and timelines
- Documents capability level requirements and their priorities
- Determine, document and articulate solution feasibility for short-term and long terms
- Build Business process model design - As-Is vs To-Be process design for capabilities and offers
- Align with business architecture business rules, policies, key business decisions, cross-program dependencies, and high level solution designs.
- Align with IT on delivery commit and agile commit.
- Manage the product backlog (i.e., prioritized list of user stories).
- Support testing strategy and plan, test scenarios, and Go/No-Go decision.
- Support release management decisions.
- Support change management and adoption activities.
- Knowledge Management - Ability to do Process documentation and Quick Reference guides
- Designing and handling SPACE end-to-end portfolio process, running cross-functional biweekly and monthly interlocks, ensuring that business packages, communications and operation collateral conveys the value of the capability and process being enabled, support the program Operation Readiness and maintaining necessary KPIs for the business.
- You will support RtB by providing Level 4 impact assessment for operation issues
- You will ensure that changes to our portfolio are effectively adopted within delivery teams. Through the facilitation of operational readiness assessments and gap analysis, you will ensure that our delivery organization is prepared to deliver capability for the future.
- You'll establish and own the feedback process from our stakeholders (sales, CX, Operation groups), partners, business units, and service delivery. In this capacity, you will ensure that feedback is consolidated and brought to bear in refining the strategic direction of our portfolio.
- You will provide operation readiness Support for business migration to new commerce platform including business testing evaluations in accordance with Program milestones/gates
- You'll provide monthly portfolio communication updates
Who You Are
You are able to lead multi-functional initiatives at Cisco while being high energy, highly motivated, and a go-getter. You can work with multiple leadership styles, and be effective in ambiguous and unstructured situations. You work independently and are a quick learner, able to move fast and adapt to changing pace. You must be willing to multi task on multiple requests and assessments in parallel.
You will have an in-depth and breadth of knowledge in one of the following areas at a minimum: Quote to Cash lifecycle, deal management lifecycle, Operationalization of Subscriptions, Service offers, industry level business process knowledge, business policy management.
You have strong business process analysis, business modeling, process definition, data analysis and problem solving skills as well as can learn about newer biz process in short period of time. You are an effective communicator, can draft operational documentations and drive reviews and presentations in front of senior leaders. * You have high-level program ownership, are good at conflict resolution, critical thinking, can handle unknown situations, good judgment, high productivity and ability to multi-task. * 15+ years of related enabling capability for business transformation, Information Technology program management, Service delivery management and/or Portfolio management * Confirmed experience with enablement motions with a background in software subscription, services delivery and/or product management * Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence actions of team members outside of function for improved team and service performance * Hands on knowledge of CPS's end to end operation business processes a must * Hands on knowledge of Cisco’s policies and systems for Products (Hardware), Services, Cloud Services, Software Subscriptions and licenses * Experience with Agile development methodology * Well-developed partnership, collaboration and project management skills * Advanced leadership skills including leading by influence
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.