Cisco CXEPI/EPD User Experience Designer in San Jose, California
What You'll Do
Cisco’s Customer Experience Design Group is looking for a User Experience Designer to work with us to reimagine the customer experience across the entire lifecycle of our portfolio: from sales, to support, to product renewal. You will work on initiatives that range from building out design-centric proof-of-concepts, to digging into the details of strategic products to transform them into something our customers can’t live without. Most importantly, you relish interacting with customers, having your design ideas and assumptions tested, and using customer feedback and insights to create the best experiences for them, while meeting product requirements and business needs.
- Design and validate new experiences via mockups, wireframes, flow diagrams, sketches, and other UX artifacts
- Collaborate with cross-functional business and engineering to align requirements and implement your work
- Utilize insights from customers, partners, and internal stakeholders to improve business processes
Who You’ll Work With
You will be part of an innovative experience design team responsible for reimagining the way customers and partners interact with Cisco. Our team develops forward-looking applications, solutions, and services across cloud, desktop, and mobile platforms.
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience in UX design covering multiple products or across multiple domains
- Bachelor’s or master’s in UX, HCI, graphic design, or related field
- A portfolio that demonstrates your design talent, including conceptual models, navigation and user flows, information design, and mock-ups
- Knowledge and understanding of user-centered design product development
- Ability to generate end-to-end designs - from concept through production detailing
- Demonstrated experience developing and communicating UX design guidelines and design specifications
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams that include product management, engineering, QA, and other UX professionals
- Proficient with leading design software such as Sketch, InDesign, the Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Experience using user-research methods, analytics, and other insights to guide product direction
- Excellent written, verbal, and time management skills
Bonus, you also have experience in:
- E-commerce, payment, or support solutions
- Both Enterprise and Consumer designs
- Designing data analytics applications or dashboards with advanced data visualizations
- Mobile app design
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Customer Experience, UX, User Experience, Design Thinking, Experience Design, Design Systems, Interaction Design, Information Architecture, Product Design
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.