Cisco Digital Enablement and Workflow Design Lead 1328007 in San Jose, California
At Cisco, our dedication is to drive the most trusted customer experience in the industry, through our innovation, choice and extraordinary people. As we transform, we are investing in innovative people who can create lasting impact while supporting our sellers, partners and customers.
We need a design leader ready for their next challenge with a strategic problem solver approach and a facilitator who places user needs at the center everything. Driven by crafting seamless end-to-end experiences for users that delight. If this sounds like you, keep reading to learn about a great opportunity on our Global Sales Enablement Team.
We are reimagining the sales and service experience across Cisco to ensure our employees are positioned to build positive relationships with our customers and partners. We're looking for a passionate, inspiring teammate who thrives in simplifying the complex. A collaborative leader who brings fresh ideas and a human-centered design approach, to enable scalable solutions used by thousands of sellers.
On a multi-disciplinary team, you will design and develop streamlined and coordinated solutions that delight users and achieve business outcomes. You will lead discovery and framing activities, facilitate workshops, create and conduct research and synthesize findings into impactful insights to design and test concepts through implementation. Working in an Agile delivery model, your team will have a profound effect on driving efficiencies, growing revenue and enabling a strategic technical foundation for the future.
Who are You:
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, psychology, human factors, social sciences or related field or 5 years of User Experience work experience required.
- Strong communication, organization, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Solid ability to facilitate workshops and meetings with diverse groups of partners and users, sometimes with minimal planning, and providing a productive, enjoyable, collaborative experience.
- Experience defining questions for, and designing user research studies, conducting research activities/interviews, evaluating results and synthesizing clear, meaningful insights.
- Proficiency in common information architecture and design methods/artifacts such as Design Thinking, Service Design, UX, customer journey's, service blueprints, site maps, taxonomies, flow diagrams, mental models, content inventories, wireframes, etc.
- Solid understanding of Salesforce products, Lightning Design System, and App Builder
- Familiarity with lean and Agile approaches to creating software, and a desire to learn and improve.
- Experience growing a user-centric team including usability and accessibility standards and practices.
- Experience with crafting or working with pattern libraries, style guides or design systems.
- Excellent writing and editing skills and the ability to create clear, simple references and guidelines for complex concepts.
- Outstanding communication and people skills with a focus on being a change agent in a sophisticated complex organization.
What you can expect to do in this role:
- Facilitate discovery, problem framing and design thinking workshops.
- Conduct qualitative user research to identify key insights to drive user-centered solutions.
- Support business owners by understanding key business objectives and setting the design strategy accordingly.
- Understand the importance of people, products, process and partners play in an enterprise setting.
- Advises UX resource allocation during ideation, prioritization, development, and quality assurance phases of projects.
- Plans and serves as facilitator or observer for UX research and testing efforts. Conducts competitive research and analysis. Reports research findings to partners. Translates these findings into design solutions.
- Builds artifacts that include personas, journey maps, user workflows, information architecture, wireframes, and interactive prototypes, within project timelines and budgets.
- Serves as the key point of accountability for UX efforts on multiple projects.
- Advocates for user-centered design approaches.
- Contributes to a dynamic team environment through collaboration, experimentation, agility, and diligent inquiry, while maintaining high expectations and attention to detail.
- Participates in the creation and evolution of design systems and standard methodologies that account for user needs and context, while reinforcing brand values and standards.
- Ensures adherence to UX guidelines across projects.
- May manage vendor relationships for outsourced UX activities.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.