Cisco Principal Engineer, Cloud Security in San Jose, California
Cisco is offering an extraordinary opportunity to drive transformation in security products through a low process, high throughput culture. We are looking for an architect that can help us evolve and innovate our highly successful and adopted Cloud Security products. This is an excellent way for an experienced and ambitious engineer to influence and innovate in a globally deployed product that many enterprises around the globe rely upon for protection against Internet threats.
Cisco Cloud Security Group is at the forefront of developing cloud-delivered security needs and challenges of our customers. With an annual revenue exceeding $200M, it is one of the fastest growing businesses at Cisco. As Cisco is transforming its business model aggressively to a software and recurring revenue model, our cloud security business is leading this journey with 100%+ YoY growth in software recurring revenue.
Working at Cisco Cloud Security means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with creative ideas, world-class research and unrivaled products and services. It’s a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won’t be long before you witness the results of your hard work.
Who you are:
- Good exposure to networking applications doing deep packet inspection. Strong knowledge of most common Layer 4-7 protocols.
- Strong, hands-on expertise in typical PaaS and IaaS platforms, such as Kubernetes, and AWS.
- Fluent and confident communication skills: both with external parties (customers, partners) and executive stakeholders.
- Good technical leadership skills, capable of mentoring senior and junior engineers, contributing to internal and external thought leadership. Having blogging and/or presentation portfolio is highly desirable.
- Good hands-on coding skills in one or more common programming languages (Python, C).
- Capable of rapid prototyping of innovative solutions.
- Background in software optimization and performance analysis.
- Strong expertise in typical SDLC practices, and ability to influence SDLC strategy.
- (desired) Domain familiarity with Information Security.
What you will do:
- Act as a primary technical point of contact for the Secure Web Gateway capabilities of the Cisco Umbrella product.
- Support and accelerate scalability, reliability and performance improvement in the product.
- Mentor engineers in the group and promote engineering excellence.
- Own long-term architectural direction for the product and top-level purview of the data and control planes.
- Support innovation and rapid prototyping in the product. Promote innovation opportunities and partners closely with Product Management on providing top notch product experience.
- Improve and recommend best SDLC practices.
- Partner with like-minded architects across Cisco on new product opportunities and broad initiatives.
- Troubleshoot and root cause critical customer problems as needed.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.