Cisco SRE/DevOps Engineer - Cloud Security in San Jose, California
What You’ll Do
Cisco Cloud Security is a leading provider of Network Security and DNS services, enabling the world to connect to the Internet with confidence on any device, anywhere, anytime. Our approach is twofold; first Umbrella, our cloud-delivered security service, blocks advanced attacks including malware, botnets, and phishing threats, while our predictive intelligence engine uses machine learning to automate protection against newly-discovered threats before they can reach our customers. Today, we handle more than 80 billion daily Internet requests from 65 million+ users around the world. Our global network has proven reliability and adds no latency. We protect each and every one of our customers' devices globally without any hardware to install or software to maintain. We are looking for talented engineers to help us launch the next generation of cloud-delivered security services, and deliver a stronger offering with unprecedented customer experience.
Who You'll Work With:
Our full stack team is a mix of software, systems, and UI engineers who are passionate about automation and building at scale. We take great pride in developing and operating robust, fault tolerant and fast network security services that can protect users anywhere, anytime. We work closely with our customers and frequently include them in the decision-making process. We collaborate often with other Cloud Security teams (formally OpenDNS) to deliver industry leading cloud based security solutions that are easy to deploy and simple to manage.
Who You Are
You enjoy working in a multi-functional team that owns the entire stack, thrive in an agile environment and happy to teach/learn from your teammates. You are interested in coming up with innovative solutions for complicated problems, and passionate about automation, CI/CD and finding ways to do things better. You know your way around a Unix terminal, have built or deployed applications using cloud technologies, and are able to diagnose complex systems and applications. You enjoy solving problems at scale and working on services used by millions of customers every day from around the world.
● Develop tools and frameworks to enable continuous delivery to the cloud.
● Identify, influence and drive product architecture, to achieve and surpass SLOs.
● Help improve operational practices to minimize service disruptions.
● Maintain and operate services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
● Design and implement debugging and logging systems at scale.
● Build and maintain automated systems for testing, deploying and monitoring. Essential Skills
● Cloud operations experience with a SaaS product in a large scale 24x7 production environment.
● Experience scaling complex systems for operational resiliency.
● Strong Linux and AWS experience.
● Continuous Integration/Delivery tools such as Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Prometheus
● Automating cloud infrastructure using tools such as Terraform, Consul, Nomad, Kubernetes.
● Demonstrable skills in some of the following languages: Python, Go, Bash
● Experience in an Agile environment.
Working at Cisco Cloud Security group means being surrounded by passionate, intelligent and creative people that are determined to disrupt the Internet security industry with innovative ideas, world-class research and unrivaled products and services. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work! It's a place where the best ideas are quickly transformed into products, features, campaigns and company-wide practices, so it won't be long before you witness the results of your hard work. But don't just take our word for it. We've seen nearly 100% year-over-year usage growth. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.