BlackBerry Corporation Design Intern – Summer 2021 in San Ramon, California
Student (Fixed Term)
* Job Description: *
As part of the BlackBerry design team, the design student will support the team responsible for designing graphics for a wide array of project types for sales, marketing, brand, and other groups. The successful candidate will contribute to ongoing projects with design support in the form of research, sketching, ideation, graphical asset creation, visualization, presentation building, and more. There will also be a possibility for the candidate to run smaller design projects where the candidate can learn new design skills and add to the studio design resources. We offer a challenging environment that fosters creativity and rewards excellence.
Location: San Ramon, CA, US OR Cary, NC, US OR Waterloo, Ontario, CAN
- Support the team responsible for designing a variety of visual assets for sales, marketing, brand, and other groups.
- Contribute to ongoing projects with design support in form of research, sketching, ideation, graphical asset creation, visualization, presentation building, and more.
- Run parallel design projects, completing on time, with great quality, and adhering to BlackBerry design guidelines
- Learn new design skills and add to the design studio resources
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in Bachelor of Arts in Design or similar discipline at the Intermediate/Senior level with the Co-op option
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and Sketch for creating and modifying visual assets
- Experience with motion graphics and related tools
- Experience with graphic design templates
- Understanding of video and photography concepts
- Understanding of web and product design concepts
- Knowledge of User Experience (UX) and User Centered Design (UCD) concepts
- Excellent presentation skills
- Knowledge of Office 365
- Knowledge of the Atomic Design Methodology
- Creative, self-motivated, team player with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines for multiple, simultaneous developments while maintaining attention to details
- Please include relevant portfolio materials with your application.
*LIFE AT BLACKBERRY *
Various Snack & Beverage Programs at all locations
Free parking and accessible public transportation at major offices
Skills training and professional development opportunities
Organization wide events and various social committees
Local discounts and free swag
Highly collaborative teams and supportive workplace culture
Recreational leagues, fitness classes, and wellness sessions available in most locations
/See for yourself by checking out our Instagram @//BlackBerryStudentLife/
Job Family Group Name:
Business Administration & Operations
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled