BlackBerry Corporation IVY Ecosystem & Development Community, Senior Manager in San Ramon, California
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
The candidate will be responsible to promote IVY with the broader community of automotive and non-automotive developers and solution providers. He/she will be responsible to spread the word about IVY and the benefits of adopting it as part of a new connected vehicle solution. The candidate will work closely with BlackBerry and AWS teams, and act as the conduit between IVY and the outside developer community. This role will report to the Head of IVY Ecosystem Development.
- Own the IVY developer community growth strategy and objectives
- Work closely with product and corporate marketing teams on various offline and online initiatives to drive IVY community awareness and adoption
- Execute on community-building activities such as newsletters, web/online resources, white papers, forum, social media activity, as well as hackathons and design contest in partnership with AWS and BBLabs technical teams
- Run online and (when needed/possible) in-person developer events to help them get to know IVY platform, the resources and the opportunities to work together with BlackBerry and AWS.
- Act as first contact point for the broad developer community interested in learning about IVY.
- Set, track and report regularly on community growth.
- Define and implement new strategies to grow the community of developers familiar with IVY, and drive their engagement
- Relevant/related experience: Minimum 8 years with a BS/BA or 7 years with an MS/MA or PhD degree Well versed in technical topics. Understands IVY platform concepts and can engage a highly technical audience.
- Familiar with nurturing and growing developer communities and technical programs.
- Significant experience putting on events and engaging developer communities with autonomy
- Entrepreneurial and self-starter. Able to define the required activities and tasks necessary to achieve community growth.
Previous experience in community management, product marketing and automotive industry are highly desirable.
Job Family Group Name: Marketing & Communications
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled