Veritas Senior Principal Product Marketing Manager – NetBackup in Santa Clara, California
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability , protection , and insights . Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
Veritas’ Worldwide Field Operations (WFO) propels company growth by driving all aspects of new business and channel sales and includes global sales operations and global sales enablement for all new business and renewal sales.
Veritas NetBackup is the market leader in data protection – managing and protecting data from the edge to the core and the cloud. Veritas NetBackup protects the most exabytes worldwide and is trusted by 87% of the Fortune Global 500.
At Veritas we’re focused on the next wave of technologies and services that streamline data management with orchestrated automation of services to ensure recovery of business-critical data at any scale.
This position requires a candidate that can produce extraordinary results and who feels comfortable in a fast-paced environment and is excited by the prospect of a challenge. The primary location for this position is in our Santa Clara CA headquarters however a remote location is acceptable for the right candidate.
The Senior Principal Product Marketing Manager for NetBackup will have the weight and responsibility of creating the product marketing, go to market strategies and the buyer’s journey for the #1 enterprise data protection solution. This aspect shouldn’t be taken lightly as you will be a member of the team that has the autonomy to build essential messaging strategies, define new buyer profiles, and to work across our organization as we continue to grow and expand new capabilities that define the next gen data protection of the future.
If you’re enthusiastic about helping customers recognize the significant business impact of Veritas NetBackup solutions and thrive in fast paced, start-up like environment, then this opportunity may be the next step in your career.
In this role, you will lead the development of Veritas NetBackup positioning and messaging for a comprehensive portfolio of data protection solutions - creating the value propositions, marketing messages, sales enablement and marketing collateral while driving internal and external evangelism as an expert on our technology.
This is a strategic marketing position with very high visibility and frequent executive engagement. You will also be responsible for messaging consistency and mindshare through internal and external marketing engines, including but not limited to social media, blogs, press releases, videos, communities, event keynotes, customer engagements, etc.
As you can imagine, this is a critical role requires the forging of effective relationships across the company.
How you’d excel:
Create, execute and measure product launches and go to market strategies
Work closely with demand generation, web/digital, and channel field marketing to create an industry-leading customer experience and customer journey
- Create go-to-market messaging that highlights our feature strengths for different target buyers.
- As an SME, present NetBackup features and capabilities to a variety of audiences, from IT directors to executives
- Create sales-ready presentations and supporting collateral for our direct sales force and channel partners.
- Evangelize NetBackup through marketing engines like blogs, social media, communities, and events.
- Support product and solutions launches and work with cross functional teams to ensure sales enablement and marketing tools are meeting launch goals
- Develop messaging and content for demand generation campaigns, trade shows and events, speaking events, and analysts
- Passionate about defining and creating marketing solutions for the data protection requirements of the world’s largest enterprises
- Ability to simplify and represent key product technologies as features and benefits
Fundamental understanding of data protection technologies and markets
On point in the creation of high-quality material means you possess excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Detailed oriented and execution focused with a strong ability to lead v-teams and influence others and support junior colleagues
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization, including remote locations
- You function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
- 7-10+ years in enterprise product marketing for high-tech companies that target lines of busines and IT in enterprise organizations. Ideally you have direct experience in data protection however similar domain experience such as database or enterprise storage may substitute.
- Experience creating professional marketing messaging and collateral on technical topics, ideally relevant to enterprise data protection. You should be comfortable in sharing professional samples of your work as part of the job application.
- Enthusiastic about developing plans, but just as happy to roll up your sleeves to contribute to the execution
- Self-starter and results driven: This is a hands-on role, and you must be comfortable creating and delivering on projects on time, with the highest quality using the available resources
- Experienced in writing impactful and succinct content
- Self-starter and proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment
- Your able to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment, and can anticipate and rapidly adapt to shifting priorities
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. We also value uniqueness and know that a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team, so come as you are! Interested? Then apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Why Join Us? (https://www.veritas.com/company/careers/why-join-us)
Working at Veritas
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR VHelp Portal (https://veritas.service-now.com/hrp) .