Builders FirstSource Retail Associate Hardware Sales in Santa Cruz, California
Retail Associate Hardware Sales
Santa Cruz CA Home Center - 235 River St (95060), 235 River St, Santa Cruz, California, United States of AmericaReq #16506
Friday, October 16, 2020
Under direct supervision, sorts and stocks merchandise onto proper shelves, bins, or pegs. Assists customers, receives payment, stocks material and assists in all areas of Retail business as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Greets customers and receives payment; issues receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers; package customer purchases; thanks customers for their business.
• Acknowledges incoming customers in a pleasant manner and provides product information, location, and general store knowledge. Directs customer to product pick-up point, if necessary.
• Places merchandise in bins, on floor, or on shelves, according to identifying information such as style, size, or type of material. Places product overstock in proper location in stockroom.
• Checks shelves and pegs for low or out-of-stocks and re-fills from stockroom. Reports stock damage or spoilage.
• Ensures that bin tags are properly placed on shelves.
• Ensures merchandise is correctly priced.
• Attaches promotional and sale signage to proper merchandise.
• Assists in unpacking and checking in merchandise.
• Assists in setting up or re-organizing product displays.
• Answers basic customer questions while on floor.
• May assist in transporting customer purchases to vehicle.
• May perform related clerical duties, such as preparation of transfer slips, control of pick cards, and maintaining records.
• Participates in periodic, special, and annual inventory counts.
• Other duties may be assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or equivalent work experience.
• This is an entry level position where the incumbent will receive on-the-job training.
• Knowledge of company products and company standards
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Good math skills
• Good customer service skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is performed within a retail environment which involves standing and/or walking most of the day.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and on occasion up to 80 pounds.
• May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, status as a protected veteran or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource,
please call (214) 765-3990 or email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com . Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
Santa Cruz CA Home Center - 235 River St (95060), 235 River St, Santa Cruz, California, United States of America