Stanford University Administrative Coordinator - Chair's Office in Stanford, California
Administrative Coordinator - Chair's Office
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
Post Date 9 hours ago
Requisition # 88170
Administrative Associate 3 for the Department of Medicine Vice Chair and DFA
The Department of Medicine is committed to setting the highest standards for patient care, ground-breaking biomedical research, professional education, teaching, and training. We are devoted to advancing the science of medicine by developing new methods to prevent, diagnose, and treat all aspects of human disease and strive to provide compassionate and pioneering health care to all of our patients.
The Department of Medicine (DOM) Chair’s Office seeks an experienced, professional Administrator to provide executive level support to the department Vice Chair and DFA. The position will function as a part of a team of 4 administrators supporting the Central Office of the Chair and providing back-up and assistance as needed. This position reports to the Director of Administration who is passionate about working as a team and professional development.
This position requires an individual who has some event-planning and calendaring experience, an analytical mind who can work independently as well as in a fun team. The ideal candidate will be a professional, organized administrator who thrives in a team while paying attention to details and has impeccable follow-through. Please apply to this position by submitting a cover letter explaining your previous applicable experience.
For more information about the department visit:http://medicine.stanford.edu/
To view Stanford Universities benefits, visit:https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/benefits-rewards
• Provide high-level support to the Vice Chair establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
• Oversee organizing large and complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, administering logistics, and managing events within budget.
• Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
• Create complex surveys & reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
• Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions such as PCards, PO’s, Invoices, reimbursements. Research, identify, and resolve discrepancies.
*-The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
• Four-year college degree and 2 years administrative experience
• Desire to work in an academic environment
• Experience with calendaring, scheduling and event planning
• Analytical experience with purchasing, reimbursements and invoices preferably in Oracle
• Experience with project management and reporting in Excel, Smartsheet, Slack and Qualtrics.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
• Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
• Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
• Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
• Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
• Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
• Frequently sitting.
• Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
• Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
• Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
• Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
• Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University’s Administrative Guide,http://adminguide.stanford.edu/
Why Stanford is for You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you withperks:
• Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
• A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
• A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
• Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
• Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Code: 4103
Employee Status: Regular
Requisition ID: 88170